How to solve the next circuit?

Irving

Joined Jan 30, 2016
Show your attempts at solving this. Start by applying KCL and/or KVL at each node. You do know what KCL/KVL means?

@ApacheKid - thats not helpful!

Last edited:

MrAl

Joined Jun 17, 2014
Show your attempts at solving this. Start by applying KCL and/or KVL at each node. You do know what KCL/KVL means?

@ApacheKid - thats not helpful!
I have a feeling he was kidding and picked a random whole number but i havent solved this network yet.

For example (via South Park 'AWESOM-O'):
Question:
"How much wood would a woodchuck chuck if a woodchuck could chuck wood?"
Answer: "17"

To the thread starter:
Yes you just need to apply some method of network analysis and that's the usual way to handle these kinds of problems.

cerarockstar

Joined Jan 30, 2022
I never touch mesh, and this is just a simple 2-node circuit as shown in the attached view. But imagine my surprise when one of the node voltages was shown to be 42! (actually 41.777777). But I was too tired to verify the answer.
Thank you do much for your help. With this I Will fight to solve it

MrAl

Joined Jun 17, 2014
I never touch mesh, and this is just a simple 2-node circuit as shown in the attached view. But imagine my surprise when one of the node voltages was shown to be 42! (actually 41.777777). But I was too tired to verify the answer.
I could verify it later sometime but you seem to have done a good enough job.

The Electrician

Joined Oct 9, 2007
Now that you're rested up, have you verified your answer? This problem is the sort that can lead to sign confusion.

RBR1317

Joined Nov 13, 2010
Now that you're rested up, have you verified your answer? This problem is the sort that can lead to sign confusion.
I think it was the sign confusion that induced my exhaustion. It seemed this problem was deliberately designed to lead one into making a polarity error (and it may have accomplished its purpose in my case.)

The Electrician

Joined Oct 9, 2007
I think it was the sign confusion that induced my exhaustion. It seemed this problem was deliberately designed to lead one into making a polarity error (and it may have accomplished its purpose in my case.)
Are you saying that you made a polarity error, that there is not a node voltage near 42 volts?