How to rewire old food processor motor

lookingforhelp

Joined Jan 9, 2020
Okay so i have a food processor motor but i cant find a wiring diagram and would need help how to wire it to work as a generator or just as a on off motor.16108856242335741956043065802753.jpg16108856434208884383681301269178.jpg16108856589911464202971392384902.jpg

Ramussons

Joined May 3, 2013
How many wires does it have? What are the resistances between these wires?
Normally, these are Universal Series motors with the number of wires = 1 + number of speeds.

MaxHeadRoom

Joined Jul 18, 2013
I would imagine a food processor is just wired for one direction, it will not work as a (DC) generator without some changes, you would need to feed the field separately with a DC power, the armature should then generate when rotated.
As it is, it will run on DC or AC.
Max,

lookingforhelp

Joined Jan 9, 2020
How many wires does it have? What are the resistances between these wires?
Normally, these are Universal Series motors with the number of wires = 1 + number of speeds.
I cant measure the resistance right now but will do later next week. 5 cables. Red, yellow, black, white and brown. 4 cables seem to be attached to the field windings. I guess the different speed settings. The black one looks to be attached in a few places

lookingforhelp

Joined Jan 9, 2020
I would imagine a food processor is just wired for one direction, it will not work as a (DC) generator without some changes, you would need to feed the field separately with a DC power, the armature should then generate when rotated.
As it is, it will run on DC or AC.
Max,
Yea i saw somewhere that you need to put power to the field windings.

MaxHeadRoom

Joined Jul 18, 2013
The black wire goes through the thermal sensor to one of the armature brushes.
The other is the red wire to the field, the other side of the field should be connected to the other brush.
Looks like the yellow is the other field?
So red & blk is the applied power ?
The bottom line is both armature and field should both end up in series.
Max.

lookingforhelp

Joined Jan 9, 2020
The black wire goes through the thermal sensor to one of the armature brushes.
The other is the red wire to the field, the other side of the field should be connected to the other brush.
Looks like the yellow is the other field?
So red & blk is the applied power ?
The bottom line is both armature and field should both end up in series.
Max.
The white one is the other brush and yellow and brown are attached to the other field.

lookingforhelp

Joined Jan 9, 2020
How would i power this to see if it works properly. I guess i could just plug it into the wall but it doesnt sound very safe. Ill probably have to find a switch for it also

MaxHeadRoom

Joined Jul 18, 2013
There is two filed wingdings Some are wired Field -armature- field. all in series, ensure you connect the two field up so they are wound in the same direction as below.
In some cases the armature is between the filelds, others the armature is after both fields.
Max.

1610901509534.png