how to create blog index with links to other pages in same blog? 10 files/blog limit can be changed?

John_2016

Joined Nov 23, 2016
Hi all, this is John BG (John_2016)

just started a blog, and would like to use the front page as index with several points, each one with a link to each page. Do I have to create more blog pages and the simply embed a link from the index page to each specific blog page? is there another way?

Alternatively, I tried to upload a file per index point but the amount of uploads per blog is 10. Can this limit be changed?

thanks in advance for time and attention

Wendy

Joined Mar 24, 2008
I suspect we have the same mentality concerning indexes. I am not a fan of our blogs section, The normal posts will allow for indefinite editing which is a must for an index, I have always thoroughly enjoyed this feature of AAC and find it extremely enlightened. If you need an empty post to continue an index as a moderator I can do that. My stroke has hit me hard mentally, I find managing complex indexes extremely difficult. If you need my attention on a post just add @Wendy in the post and I will be flagged to view it. Other people can respond to threads, which can destroy the contiguity of a thread index which is where my inserting posts comes in. For the record I have stepped up to be your Santa's helper when you need it.

Yes I am a bit OCD. I also like to teach.

John_2016

Joined Nov 23, 2016
Hi Wendy

thanks very much for your attention on this question.

I would like to upload some solutions to microwave circuits exercises.

It would be convenient to generate the index on the side window, the same way you have included a link called 'LED' in your blog page

https://forum.allaboutcircuits.com/xfa-blogs/wendy.19834/

1.- how do you create that 'LED' link on the right hand side? I need the same, to generate links on the right side of the blog.

2.- When I click on 'Customize blog' I get the following:

While I can edit all other C entries, when attempting to edit 'C Slidebar' and 'C Slidebar text' these 2 fields don't work,
may be switched off by administrator?

Appreciating time and attention,

regards

John BG

John_2016

Joined Nov 23, 2016
A moderator has suggested to use BBcode, I have been looking for BBcode editors, and tried copy paste of indexed example but
I don't think I found the right editor of BBcode.

Also tried to embed plain html but it doesn't work either.

Appreciating time and attention

John BG

Wendy

Joined Mar 24, 2008
xeno BB codes for formatting posts

The forum software is far from perfect,BB Code is HTML code repackaged. Lord knows I don't have all the answers The @name works for everyone here, such as @bertus , If they choose to respond is up to them.I frequently use colored dots to move text over to where I want it.
A poor solution but better than nothing.

................................................Like this.