how to amplify 20 to 50mV upto 5V?

NehaSharmaa

Joined Mar 18, 2021
hi I'm using pressure sensor MPX10DP its output voltage is ranging from 20mV to 50mV... for arduino i want output voltage upto 5V what should i do? is there any amplifier module available ? or i have to make it myself ? also can u plz give the specific ic number ?

Ya’akov

Joined Jan 27, 2019
The sort of thing you are looking for is called an instrumentation amplifier. You can read about them online, but with a little more information, as @ericgibbs said, people will be happy to help you with circuits.

ericgibbs

Joined Jan 29, 2010
hi Neha,
This is a 'typical' example of a simple voltage level shifting circuit

Input 20mV thru 50mV... Output 'close' to 0v thru +5Vmax.

Uses a rail to rail amplifier, with a 6Vdc supply.

If you decide to self build we can finalise the circuit to suit your components.

E

Attachments

BobTPH

Joined Jun 5, 2013
The opamp you show has an input offset of up to 3mV. That will not be very accurate with a 20mV input I think an instrumentation amp or at least a low offset amp is needed.

Bob

sghioto

Joined Dec 31, 2017
hi I'm using pressure sensor MPX10DP its output voltage is ranging from 20mV to 50mV... for arduino i want output voltage upto 5V
If you use a simple amplifier with a gain of 100 you will have a 2 to 5 volt output.
It's unclear to me if you want 20mv to equal 0 volts and 50 mv to equal 5 volts. Is this your intention?