how to add OP amp 741 to LT spice

Status
Not open for further replies.
I have a Mac and I've just installed LTspice.

For those interested, in order to add the files that @crutschow shared you need to go to the following folder:

/Users/YOURUSER/Library/Application Support/LTspice/lib.

Then do what is described on post #2.

Quit (CMD + Q) LTspice and open it again and voilá!

Audioguru again

Joined Oct 21, 2019
Why are you using a 741 opamp? Its design is 52 years old and its spec's are very bad compared to modern opamps.
Your schematic shows that its input is at the same DC voltage as its negative supply (0V) which will not work. The input must be at least 3V more positive than its negative supply. Add a negative supply.

atferrari

Joined Jan 6, 2004
I Have the same problem as this member. Can I do something to swift the simulation?
Depending of the simulation, try, if you can, to simulate shorter periods, save data for shorter periods, use not so many steps for parameters always if you can go away with less. Most of simulations that I know, as frequencies are higher, the simulation seems to take longer.

taha.mashal

Joined Jan 22, 2021
just i had finished the homework the teacher annouced that your project wouldnt be counted if you dont use OP741.
Thanks it helped me alot.

crutschow

Joined Mar 14, 2008
I have never used or specified a 741 in any design I've been associated with.
I have, but I likely go back much further than you, when the 741 was the latest and greatest (the first IC op amp with internal compensation).
It is an example to teach students all the horrifying characteristics to be concerned about.
That, and their cheap availability are probably the only good reasons to use one.

Papabravo

Joined Feb 24, 2006
It is probably already there, but you just can'y see it.
Look in the Educational folder that comes with the standard download
The file is LM741.asc You can automatically create a symbol for it and away you go

Last edited:

Slingshot_42

Joined Nov 27, 2021
I have a Mac and I've just installed LTspice.

For those interested, in order to add the files that @crutschow shared you need to go to the following folder:

/Users/YOURUSER/Library/Application Support/LTspice/lib.

Then do what is described on post #2.

Quit (CMD + Q) LTspice and open it again and voilá!
Thank You so much bro, was trying the same for 2 days

Status
Not open for further replies.