How to Add a 2nd Delay Relay to Solenoid

Reloadron

Joined Jan 15, 2015
Just so we are all on the same channel, back in post #5 I provided a link with timing relay definitions. So your first relay is a delay on make correct?
Upon application of input voltage, the time delay (t) begins. At the end of the time delay (t), the output is energized. Input voltage must be removed to reset the time delay relay & de-energize the output.

Your second relay is an Interval On correct?
Upon application of input voltage, the output is energized and the time delay (t) begins. At the end of the time delay (t), the output is de-energized. Input voltage must be removed to reset the time delay relay.

I see you just posted as I typed. Each relay coil needs to have its rated voltage. If a coil voltage is 120 VAC, 220 VAC, 12 VDC, 24 VSC or whatever it is that's what it needs. You can't place relay coils in series.

Ron

ltoraya

Joined Dec 9, 2021
Just so we are all on the same channel, back in post #5 I provided a link with timing relay definitions. So your first relay is a delay on make correct?
Upon application of input voltage, the time delay (t) begins. At the end of the time delay (t), the output is energized. Input voltage must be removed to reset the time delay relay & de-energize the output.

Your second relay is an Interval On correct?
Upon application of input voltage, the output is energized and the time delay (t) begins. At the end of the time delay (t), the output is de-energized. Input voltage must be removed to reset the time delay relay.

I see you just posted as I typed. Each relay coil needs to have its rated voltage. If a coil voltage is 120 VAC, 220 VAC, 12 VDC, 24 VSC or whatever it is that's what it needs. You can't place relay coils in series.

Ron
Yes exactly, that is what I am hoping to accomplish. Okay so I can't place relay coils in series, is there another way to achieve this function? Or the process you described (delayed on, then interval on)?

Reloadron

Joined Jan 15, 2015
I am not getting the relay coils in series? I don't know your coil voltage? Let's assume you have 120 VAC relay coils. Each coil must receive 120 VAC (or minimum pull in voltage but assume 120 VAC). Placing two 120 VAC coils in series each coil will o0nly see about 60 VAC or about 1/2 the normal operating voltage. That will not work. Each coil needs to see its rated voltage. Can you give us the exact manufacturer and part numbers of what you have? With that I can try and make you a drawing to work from.

Ron

MisterBill2

Joined Jan 23, 2018
There is no reason to even consider putting the electronic timers in series, they are not just relay coils.
AND it is totally possible to power the second timer from the mains, or even have entirely different voltages for each timer. The power for timer #2 is applied between terminal #8 on timer one with the neutral to pin#2 on timer two. Timer one is powered between terminals #2 and #7 on it's connections. That should be clear.
Consider that the timers also have an internal electronic circuit, unless you have some of the very old mechanical timers from the early 1950's.

MisterBill2

Joined Jan 23, 2018
I went back to post #1 and it becomes clear that the TS has chosen to take the power for the whole thing from the sensor. It is far better to provide the power for the second timer independently to pin #8. That will assure that when timer one complletes it's cycle, that pin #6 will be able to power timer two.