Help with understanding the LTSpice simulation output

uchihaitachi

Joined Mar 30, 2015
Hi there,

I am having trouble understanding the output of the circuit(I have attached the circuit). I am feeding rectified voltage to an op-amp and I am not sure why the rectified output connected to the non-inverting terminal is held to a value (around 50mV) before it starts to follow the input voltage during the +ve half cycle. I have attached the LTSpice model and the output at the non-inverting terminal. Thanks in advance folks :)

Attachments

crutschow

Joined Mar 14, 2008
Look at the output voltage and you will understand.
That glitch is the voltage generated by the voltage divider from the 1 megohm hysteresis resistor between the output voltage and the R1 input resistance, which gives about 20mV.

Note that only a few real world op amps will operate at a supply voltage of only 2V.

uchihaitachi

Joined Mar 30, 2015
Look at the output voltage and you will understand.
That glitch is the voltage generated by the voltage divider from the 1 megohm hysteresis resistor between the output voltage and the R1 input resistance, which gives about 20mV.

Note that only a few real world op amps will operate at a supply voltage of only 2V.
Thanks for the reply. I changed it to 2V so that I can observe the output and the non-inverting terminal as it was not clearly visible when the supply was +15V