help with profile delete

Andrijana Kuhar

Joined Jun 17, 2015
hello,

I have been personally offended by your moderators WBAHN and JOEJESTER. could you please inform
me how to delete my membership from AAC forum?

tshuck

Joined Oct 18, 2012
Homework Help means you put in effort, then you get help, not the other way around. This is an educational site and you've already seen problems solved, what is one more supposed to change?

Instead, we require you to show your process and we will point out any mistakes we see.

If you simply want the answer to homework without putting in any effort, you need not post your homework.

Andrijana Kuhar

Joined Jun 17, 2015
(capitalization corrected)

I guess a moderator or at least an administrator could delete a member profile but that would deprive school officials and potential employers of a useful resource.

MOD NOT: Personally identifiable information removed.
no, that is not me and I will not reveal my real identity here, so please delete my account.

Last edited by a moderator:

DerStrom8

Joined Feb 20, 2011
@Andrijana Kuhar there is nothing hostile about asking you to show your work. Members here have one focus: To HELP one another. Simply handing over answers does not help anyone. In order to help, we need to see what you know and what you have tried, which shows us what part of the process we need to focus on. From there we can teach you how to solve it on your own. You don't learn anything from looking at answers. You can only learn by doing. That is what Wbahn and JoeJester were encouraging. And nobody here is trying to offend you. If you take offense, that is your own problem and you cannot blame it on anyone here.

If you don't want to provide anything useful to the site, then you don't have to. Just leave quietly. As of yet you have not provided anything useful, so you don't have to worry about leaving anything important behind.

Regards,
Matt

Andrijana Kuhar

Joined Jun 17, 2015
@Andrijana Kuhar there is nothing hostile about asking you to show your work. Members here have one focus: To HELP one another. Simply handing over answers does not help anyone. In order to help, we need to see what you know and what you have tried, which shows us what part of the process we need to focus on. From there we can teach you how to solve it on your own. You don't learn anything from looking at answers. You can only learn by doing. That is what Wbahn and JoeJester were encouraging. And nobody here is trying to offend you. If you take offense, that is your own problem and you cannot blame it on anyone here.

If you don't want to provide anything useful to the site, then you don't have to. Just leave quietly. As of yet you have not provided anything useful, so you don't have to worry about leaving anything important behind.

Regards,
Matt
my every post today says PLEASE delete my account, it is against my will to exist on this forum. please do not explain to me what the members of this forum like or not like to do, just PLEASE DELETE my account, anyone?

tjohnson

Joined Dec 23, 2014
my every post today says PLEASE delete my account, it is against my will to exist on this forum. please do not explain to me what the members of this forum like or not like to do, just PLEASE DELETE my account, anyone?
Please listen to what other members are telling you. It is not possible for your (or anyone else's) account to be deleted. If you really want your account to be deleted, why did you customize it by changing your avatar a few minutes ago?

If you really dislike this forum, you can just log out and never come back again. If you keep on making urgent requests for your account to be deleted, I'm afraid you're probably going to be banned from the forum.

Last edited:

DerStrom8

Joined Feb 20, 2011
my every post today says PLEASE delete my account, it is against my will to exist on this forum. please do not explain to me what the members of this forum like or not like to do
It's not just this forum, and it's not just about what the members like to do. Forums are for teaching, not for giving answers. It's just like a school--Do you really think your professors are going to simply give you the answers?

As stated MULTIPLE times, you cannot delete an account. Just leave and don't come back if you're so upset. Just keep in mind this is on you, nobody here has done anything to offend you in any way.

Andrijana Kuhar

Joined Jun 17, 2015
It's not just this forum, and it's not just about what the members like to do. Forums are for teaching, not for giving answers. It's just like a school--Do you really think your professors are going to simply give you the answers?

As stated MULTIPLE times, you cannot delete an account. Just leave and don't come back if you're so upset. Just keep in mind this is on you, nobody here has done anything to offend you in any way.

ROFL , ok, at least you have a sense of humor :)
well I guess I will add another number as a member of your useless forum, since I "cannot" be deleted..... feel free to ban me ASAP, or maybe INVENT the delete option?

tjohnson

Joined Dec 23, 2014
well I guess I will add another number as a member of your useless forum, since I "cannot" be deleted..... feel free to ban me ASAP, or maybe INVENT the delete option?
It would be possible for a moderator to delete all of your threads/posts, which would remove all your history on the forum, but I think that's rarely if ever done (except for spammers).

If you want to disable your access to the forum, you can reset your password to a random one that you won't remember, like:
  • nDT58bEX
  • F7DuxZ7X
  • FTTLDah9
  • DNA9PCfQ
  • LvKnQ6G5
https://www.random.org/passwords/

DerStrom8

Joined Feb 20, 2011
@Andrijana Kuhar I don't see why you're being so hostile? People have done nothing but try to help you. You are the one who misunderstood the purpose of the forum. Right at the top of the homework forum there is a thread titled "PLEASE READ - Posting Questions in the Homework Help forum". In it, it tells you that you must show all attempts at the problem in your initial post. Here's the thread: http://forum.allaboutcircuits.com/t...ng-questions-in-the-homework-help-forum.3002/

To be fair, the member base should have pointed you to that thread after your first poor post (lacking your previous attempts):
When posting a request for homework/coursework/assignment help, you must provide details of your attempts at the questions. Any thread that just posts up a copy of the questions without any attempts on the part of the opening poster will be directed to this thread and will be given 48 hours to satisfy the requirements detailed within. Help us, help you.
But there is a reason the title begins with "PLEASE READ". If you had followed the directions to begin with you would not have had a problem.

WBahn

Joined Mar 31, 2012
hello,

I have been personally offended by your moderators WBAHN and JOEJESTER. could you please inform
me how to delete my membership from AAC forum?
You can't. But you can certainly just choose not to participate any further. You can facilitate this by turning off all of the various alert options in your profile so that you won't receive any e-mails any more.

In case you think you might be tempted to log in in the future and you want to make that difficult for yourself, you can change your password to something random and then don't write it down.

WBahn

Joined Mar 31, 2012
You are free to leave. Your posts are not -- by submitting them you granted AAC the irrevocable right to publish them on the forums, even though you retain copyright. You should have considered that before agreeing to the User Agreement.

WBahn

Joined Mar 31, 2012
Per your request, we will permanently ban you.

We will NOT invent the delete option for reasons already given.