Help! What is this Component?

BobaMosfet

Joined Jul 1, 2009
Help, What is this called, and what does it do? it is on the negative side of a battery for a 6v ride-on train (like a power-wheels). Only got 1 recharge out of the battery, now it won't recharge so I ordered a new battery, and the new one doesn't have this on it. What is it? Do I need it?
Look up PTC or NTC. Dimensions, Color, and Marking are critical to determining values. Try to identify the manufacturer by the logo image on it, and then find an appropriate data sheet.

MisterBill2

Joined Jan 23, 2018
You need to take pictures of the circuit boards for better results to help you.
INDEED!! In focus pictures that show both the large portion of the system as well as more close-up pictures that show details. AND I am wondering if the TS has any measuring device, such as even a cheap DMM (Digital Multi Meter), and enough understanding to know how to use it to make measurements.

MisterBill2

Joined Jan 23, 2018
From post#12 he said No, so looks like it's an uphill challenge for us and him...
OK, no meter yet. But given the cost of those toy battery packages, it will be cheaper for the TS to buy a cheap meter than anything else they can do for that riding thing. A$10 meter that can read DC volts and ohms with an accuracy of +-20% will be good enough for diagnostics. in this situation. Of course that will require someskill in setting the range and function, and dexterity in probing to actually get a reading. I recall other threads here where setting the correct meter range was not always done.