gold detector

Status
Not open for further replies.

pano58

Joined Feb 10, 2019
are there any engineers that can build an acurate long range gold detector?? at least 50 or more meters in distance and about 3 to 4 meters deep
My grand father gave me a map of buried gold coins ( about 40k pieces ) i used metal detectors and other gadgets but none worked. they are buried about a meter and half deep if anyone interested please contact me
Thank you

spinnaker

Joined Oct 29, 2009
are there any engineers that can build an acurate long range gold detector?? at least 50 or more meters in distance and about 3 to 4 meters deep
My grand father gave me a map of buried gold coins ( about 40k pieces ) i used metal detectors and other gadgets but none worked. they are buried about a meter and half deep if anyone interested please contact me
Thank you

So tell me. What properties of gold do you thing could be used to differentiate between gold and other metals? And at 50 meters and 4 meters underground?? Even someone with a rudimentary knowledge of science should know that answer.

Kjeldgaard

Joined Apr 7, 2016
With Spinnaker's link, I came to think of SkyTEM.

Although the company is not far from where I live, I have unfortunately not had the chance to see their equipment in action.

Picbuster

Joined Dec 2, 2013
Thank you
The best gold detector is ....................>> your wife no shop to far no gold to deep she will find it.
Disadvantage you have to pay for it.

Picbuster

Uilnaydar

Joined Jan 30, 2008
Funny, my grandpa used to tell me to play in traffic to get rid of me... This must be the kinder gentler "play in traffic" statement.

MisterBill2

Joined Jan 23, 2018
There are hundreds of metal detector circuits around, some better and some not. You can forget the 50 meter range and be happy with a two foot range. And 4 meters down is over 12 feet and so you need to get a very sensitive metal detector. But I offer no hope of success.

Externet

Joined Nov 29, 2005
Finding your treasure is not about equipment. It is about work.
A square mile will take you to planning, surveying, methodic process of searching and mapping with whatever equipment you can gather.
If your idea of finding the thing is while sitting in an air conditioned car having a sandwich with one hand, whatsup in the other and equipment doing its magic in five minutes, you will never find a thing. It takes a lot of sweat, blood, tears, frustration, investment and time.
But you can still look at ground penetrating radar.

Tonyr1084

Joined Sep 24, 2015
Awe geez! Was just about to suggest GPR (Ground Penetrating Radar). That's about the only thing that may give you a remote chance of finding anything without turning over the ground. @Externet beat me to the punch.

With GPR you get a picture of the layers under the ground. Your only hope is that you might discern the shape of the coins. But that'll have to be a very expensive and powerful GPR system. Likely going to cost you much, if not most, of what you find in the way of gold. In other words, if you can afford GPR then you probably don't need the gold.

Externet

Joined Nov 29, 2005
Just look at images and count how many are deep in steep forests.

----> https://www.google.com/search?q=gro...YMKHS24ChkQ9C96BAgBEBg&biw=1366&bih=604&dpr=1

Most of pictures show wimps in comfort. The real world is waaaay different. Takes a lot of effort to carry equipment for long hours and log data, mark terrain in other than flat roads.

Towing on a road, where chances it was buried are null; will miss anything just a metre from the edge of scanned path. Comfort is not the way to succeed. Now picture yourself dragging gear just a couple of metres into the bushes. Wheeled tow will be of zero help.

This is as comfortable as could be in the real world; but notice there is not even a twig in the flat soil :

And does not produce a picture of coins. You have to dig every anomaly, probably by hand, unless you want to carry one of this with you to do it in comfort of pulling levers instead of shovels. And did not find one picture on hilly terrain :

Last edited:

MisterBill2

Joined Jan 23, 2018
It should be possible, depending on the terrain, if some idea as to the time when the alleged treasure was buried, to estimate which areas were less likely. Of course, time does change things. In farm country there was a glass mason jar full of coins buried along a fence-row. Nobody in farm country would disrupt a field and damage the top fertile growing layer, so it had to be along a fence row. And it would not be in a cow-path, since that would make a stumbling point for cows. But if the mile is forest, woods, or open prairie then a systematic search, with a GPS to keep track of results, is the most likely to succeed. Of course, looking for slightly disturbed areas may be useful, since usually digging a deep hole will leave either a small hill after filling, or a slight depression after sinking.
BUT, if that mile is in Ireland you are in luck, since all that you need to do is to catch the correct leperchuan and force it to reveal the location. Luck may still work differently in beautiful Ireland. At least that is what has been explained to me.

Externet

Joined Nov 29, 2005
Correct, MrBill.
And doing some homework for the original poster, 40000 coins are over 1 ton; unlikely to be transported into rough terrain by other than beasts back. Which any computer between the ears tells where not to look first. Same computer aims to diggable soil, not rock, and many other clues. If all the 'eggs' are buried in the same 'basket' (unwise), its volume could be good for GPR detection.
I wish to know how many times the original poster has dug one cubic metre of soil to sense the amount of effort and time involved.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.