Full bridge inverter using IR2110 giving output in patches

usamatoor

Joined Mar 16, 2021
I have made a full-bridge inverter using the IR2110 IC. The MOSFETs used are IRF540n. The bootstrap capacitor is 4.7uf. The diodes used are 1N5819 high-frequency Schottky diodes. The operating frequency is 50KHz. The input signal is given using an Arduino Uno. 1.5kohm gate to source resistor is also connected. The pictures of the inverter are shown below.

enter image description here

The power to both ICs is given using a single isolated 12V power supply. The 5V signal is also given using the same supply with the help of the LM7805 regulator. The picture is shown below.

The input DC signal is given from the DC supply of 31V. The output is taken across a 5Kohm 10W resistor. The issue is that the output signal is not consistent. The signal comes for some periods of time. The output signal picture is shown below.

The areas in which the output is coming is absolutely correct. But overall it is not coming. The ICs are tested they are working fine.

Can anybody tell what can be the issue? Is the 5v and 12v signal must be given from separate isolated supplies or that is not the problem. This is the schematic diagram.

Regards

usamatoor

Joined Mar 16, 2021

MaxHeadRoom

Joined Jul 18, 2013
I have used the Tahmid link in the past, However I believe also the 1.5k gate resistor is redundant as the output is a totem pole output.

MaxHeadRoom

Joined Jul 18, 2013
The reason he used the gate to source resistor was he lost some Mosfets at power up, until the resistors were implemented, I suppose the moral is, if not sure, use them. :oops: