From Arduino nano 33 iot to PCB, programming MCUs

josmA

Joined Jun 12, 2019
Hi!,

I would like to convert my project, which I deployed with the arduino nano 33 iot, into a custom PCB. I have already created my layout design based on the arduino schematics provided on their website.

My concern is how I am going to program the code. I have some main doubts:

- The BLE module used (Nina W102), if I buy it itself and new, does it need to be programmed to receive commands from the main MCU? If so, how could I do it soldered in my PCB and which is the firmware?

- To program the main MCU (new), I don´t need the bootloader, I just want to use de same code used for arduino nano 33 iot. I think I can load the HEX code directly to the microcontroller. I understand that I need a programmer and I could use another Arduino Uno to do it, am I right? Do you have the connections needed?

I guess these doubts are very easy to anwser for people who has gone through this process. Any help will be very appreciated. Thanks

ericgibbs

Joined Jan 29, 2010
hi j,
Check this video link, it shows how to reprogram an ARM MCU, Nano > Uno.
You could use the same method to program a home build controller.
'
'

E

josmA

Joined Jun 12, 2019
Hi Eric, thanks for your reply.

I think that can be a method to mi PCB as an Arduino, so it answers my second question. But what about the first, the BLE module? Does anyone know if it needs a bootloader or pre-code?

Thanks