DKN Treadmill Motor Controller Board Help

[JayZ]

Joined Jun 18, 2021
Hi everyone,

New here and i'm glad I found this forum!
I have a basic understanding or simple electronics and my knowledge is a little rusty but i'm willing to learn.

I have a DKN Treadmill, It shows Error 'E06' after startup. A little research says its related too Incline.
The manufacturer third party says its a replacement board straight away at a very hefty price tag! So, I thought I would take on the challange.

I have powered up the motor and it works perfectly, when just disconnecting the motor from the MCB, i get a different error as well 'E02' so that would rule out the motor side. When i disconnect the incline, I still get the 'E06'. But there is a micro test button called 'Lift Self' and when pressed the Incline works perfectly, so I also know its not the incline.
It has no seperate speed sensor.

Has to be a board issue, nothing looks out of place or burnt and caps look great. It's only 2 years old.
But I can not find anything related schematic wise to this board and there is not alot on it. I did manage to find the board on the usual place 'Aliexpress'.
Its a 'MKS TMPB25-P' board https://www.aliexpress.com/item/4000132861538.html and by the looks, it's also a Pukido Power Supply Board for Brother BR-3016 Treadmill.

Does anyone know anything on this type of board as I can not find anything else about it?

The big caps look sound, I guess the logical thing to do first is to test the Bridge Rectifier and the two IGBT's, there also seems to be a slightly different rectifier as well. Are these best tested off the board as have heard of conflicting advice?

Any other pointers would be great and thank you.

MaxHeadRoom

Joined Jul 18, 2013
I assume you found this on line?

An E6 or E7 error code is an incline error code. The E7 code means the potentiometer value the console is reading from the lift motor is out of range. This can happen when there is a bad wire harness connection or a damaged wire harness. It could also just mean the incline motor needs to be adjusted back into range.
If all wire connections look ok, the incline motor will need to be adjusted.
  1. Turn the power OFF, wait 5-seconds and turn back ON.
  2. Get into test mode and enter through the I/O testing step. This screen will display the potentiometer value of the incline motor. Different models will have different values. Check to see if the running deck is raised to high incline level or if it is at the low level. If the running deck is at a low position press the incline up button. This will cause the incline motor to raise the running deck up. When the deck gets to a mid-level position, press the incline up button a second time to stop the deck. If the running deck is in a high incline position, use the incline down button to adjust the deck to a mid-level position.
  3. Once the unit is in the mid-level position, power the treadmill off for 5-seconds and then power it back ON.
  4. Start the treadmill.
  5. Once the treadmill starts the running deck will move to the level 0 position. If this does not resolve the issue or it will not adjust please contact customer service.
Also note that not all models will have the ability to adjust the incline motor. If the adjustment procedure is not found in the Owner’s Manual then contact customer service.

[JayZ]

Joined Jun 18, 2021
Hi MaxHeadRoom,

Many thanks for the reply.

Yes I found the forum online or did you mean the information, yes as well.

I have tried many sources for the test mode/engineering mode and no one knows how to.
Have tried many ways from other listed brands/models and no luck.
Have tried contacting the manufacturer and no joy, they just want to outsource the repair to another well know third party and all they tell me is its the controller and expensive repair.

At first I thought it was an incline problem, but with the third party repair company telling me its the controller, I do wonder if they are just trying to get more money out of people.

MaxHeadRoom

Joined Jul 18, 2013
Yes, in most cases you are on your own, fortunately the very popular MC -60 MC2100 boards have been reverse-engineered and a schematic posted.
With the more obscure boards, it may be a tedious task of trying to test as many probable components as possible.

[JayZ]

Joined Jun 18, 2021
Thanks, I will keep in mind the popular MC boards as a last resort.
Will see what tedious tasks lay ahead of component testing...