Delta DPS-750PB A Over Voltage Protection Disable

MisterBill2

Joined Jan 23, 2018
The AS339 back in post #38 has a pin-out the same as the LM339, which is a quad comparator, which could be useful in a switching regulator system. But it is not a voltage regulatordevice .So we are back at the same place, which is not yet being able to do anything because of not having any ideas as to exactly what the circuit is.
What is clear to me is that this board is far more than just a single voltage regulated switching mode power supply.
Is there any information about the supply available from the manufacturer? It seems like this supply may also have a power-factor correction system included in what it does. It might even have other output voltages.
From the one earlier photo, it looks like this board even includes a 20 MHZ oscillator that serves as the clock for a processor. THAT is certainly an indicator that this is not just a regulated supply with over voltage protection. Is anyone willing to provide more details? It has not even been mentioned how much current this supply is able to deliver.

Last edited:

psu86

Joined Jan 19, 2022
That's the IC I pointed. But I am sorry, I couldn't tell what to do.
OK, this is now wild guess and I wouldn't reccomend it to anyone as I don't want anyone to fry their device or burn their house down.
But I will do it myself as soon as I come home in the afternoon. IMG_E7079.JPG

psu86

Joined Jan 19, 2022
The AS339 back in post #38 has a pin-out the same as the LM339, which is a quad comparator, which could be useful in a switching regulator system. But it is not a voltage regulatordevice .So we are back at the same place, which is not yet being able to do anything because of not having any ideas as to exactly what the circuit is.
What is clear to me is that this board is far more than just a single voltage regulated switching mode power supply.
Is there any information about the supply available from the manufacturer? It seems like this supply may also have a power-factor correction system included in what it does. It might even have other output voltages.
From the one earlier photo, it looks like this board even includes a 20 MHZ oscillator that serves as the clock for a processor. THAT is certainly an indicator that this is not just a regulated supply with over voltage protection. Is anyone willing to provide more details? It has not even been mentioned how much current this supply is able to deliver.
That is a 750W server supply. It outputs 5V and 12V. 62A MAX at 12V

psu86

Joined Jan 19, 2022
I managed to brake that pin off, it's very thin, and the djevice still works properly, although I can't measure 5V output So maybe it has something to do with it. Can someone remind me what's the original OVP threshold. Now it kicks in at 13.7V

psu86

Joined Jan 19, 2022
I managed to brake that pin off, it's very thin, and the djevice still works properly, although I can't measure 5V output So maybe it has something to do with it. Can someone remind me what's the original OVP threshold. Now it kicks in at 13.7V
I also tried other legs/pins and that didn't seem to do anything