Delta DPS-750PB A Over Voltage Protection Disable

Franki27

Joined Jan 18, 2022
Many adopt this solution ..... but I don't find the correspondence in our case because the board is different.
Even if it is a DPS 750 PBa.1.jpg2.JPG

MisterBill2

Joined Jan 23, 2018
There are two connectors, C301 and C702. Or are they normally connected to something we are not told about??
And the pictures of the other board with the jumper sort of soldered on look quite different, not even the same IC.

Last edited:

MisterBill2

Joined Jan 23, 2018
Shuriken proposed this bridge ... will it work?View attachment 258166
"trying" will be a bit of a challenge unless you can solder a lot better than the soldering in the pictures of soldered jumpers shown earlier in this thread. To experiment safely you could use a 1K ohm small resistor, either 1/4 watt or 1/8 watt, for the connection between the two points. The benefit being that if it is a logic path it will not matter and if it is a power trace then there will not be enough current to do damage.

Since we have not seen the circuit schematic nor seen even a full view allowing us to follow traces, there is no way we can do much more than hope.

psu86

Joined Jan 19, 2022
What is that blue stripe is an attempted modification?
That's some kind of glue/loctite to prevent voltage regulation. I don't know if it from factory like that or the company I bought it from put it there. I was able to scrape it off the potentiometer and now it turns freely to adjust the voltage

psu86

Joined Jan 19, 2022
OK, so guess #1 did not work out as well as I hoped. It was a guess, not a declaration.
I also see two white connectors along the top edge of the board, one marked "CN702", can't see the tag on the other one. Those might be for programming the supply, as it looks like it has at least one processor IC. If it is digitally programmed then it is another game altogether.
If that's the case, disabling OVP could be done by desoldering a leg on the IC. But which one?

Last edited: