Day saving time

bertus

Joined Apr 5, 2008
Hello,

This weekend in Holland the daysaving time ends.
So I have a longer night from 26 on 27 Oktober.

How is this in your country?

Bertus

killivolt

Joined Jan 10, 2010
I still have to get up to be ready by 8am, I get up at 6am let the cat out make coffee and sit in my bed till I've drank 3 cups with my eye's closed. Not sure if being in the dark with my eyes closed helps but, light does set and internal clock of a sort I've been told. I just don't know if losing an hr will help me or make it worse.

kv

jpanhalt

Joined Jan 18, 2008
I still have to get up to be ready by 8am, I get up at 6am let the cat out make coffee and sit in my bed till I've drank 3 cups with my eye's closed. Not sure if being in the dark with my eyes closed helps but, light does set and internal clock of a sort I've been told. I just don't know if losing an hr will help me or make it worse.

kv
Years of being "on call" cured me of that. Regardless of time of day, I can answer the phone and be somewhat lucid.

Ya’akov

Joined Jan 27, 2019

kv
I’m retired, but I still get up long before dawn (3:30, actually). By 4:30 I am out cycling for 60-75 minutes (15 to 17 miles), then at around 6:15 I make breakfast for my wife, then projects/kids/household business.

I try to be in bed for sleep at 8:30, so I really, really dislike daylight savings time since it’s broad daylight when I want to sleep.

Otherwise, I don’t much care since my schedule is pretty odd anyway.

dl324

Joined Mar 30, 2015
So I have a longer night from 26 on 27 Oktober.

How is this in your country?
We used to switch on the last Sunday in October. Then politicians tried to make it "better" and I can never remember how to determine the date we switch.

crutschow

Joined Mar 14, 2008
In the USA, they moved the ending to the first Sunday in November so the Halloween Trick or Treaters on October 31st would have an extra hour of daylight for their extortion racket. ;-)

SamR

Joined Mar 19, 2019
Only a politician

Since most politicians started as lawyers it make perfect sense. Lawyers are always looking for more ways to bill more hours for a day. They love flying from NYC to LAX just to bill 28 hours in one day!

DickCappels

Joined Aug 21, 2008
I greatly enjoy living in places that don't change their clocks. When finding my way around a strange place in the North I often intuitively take into account the position of the sun and time of day, but shifting the clocks throws a wrench into that process.

Do any countries in the tropics do this?