Datasheet for RM69330 round amoled display

Minyiky

Joined Feb 9, 2021
Hi there,

I am relatively new to the world of microcontrollers but have had a little bit of experience with displays as I have cobbled together / adapted a driver for an ili9341 adafruit SPI display.

Moving on from this I have my sights set a bit higher but want to check whether what I am thinking is possible and if anyone has any of the information I can't find.

I am looking to use a round AMOLED display with an ESP32 and have found some displays based on an RM69330 display driver (such as this: https://www.alibaba.com/product-detail/1-39-inch-ips-454x454-rohs_62286293416.html) which seems to support MIPI and SPI, which seems to be backed up by the vague pinouts I have seen that have SPI labled pins.

One problem I am running into is that I cannot find a datasheet for the RM69330, or any written drivers, which would make it very difficult to use the screen.

Additionally I am not sure what I would need to plan in terms of additional components (resistors, capacitors, etc.) to use the screen as I assume they would be needed.

Does any one have any experience with any of these screens or know of anywhere with a write up or code detailing them?

Thanks in advance for any advice you might have.

Minyiky

Joined Feb 9, 2021
Hi eric,

Thanks for the datasheet, unfortunately it looks like that just discusses timings for MIPI DSI rather than any details about SPI comms. On the plus side at least something exists so there is hope

Minyiky

Joined Feb 9, 2021
Hi eric,

Yeah I did, It is encouraging that it is showing the SPI pins but without details of commands etc it won't be possible to write a driver for it.

ericgibbs

Joined Jan 29, 2010
hi,
I have searched with direct RM69330 OLED info, no luck
There is this video on OLED's. you could try some of the Arduino commands.

E