damaged files in electronics forum

Yeti

Joined Jul 26, 2005
Hello,
Someone made a post in the general electronics forum that has been sticky'd or pinned, that contains two pdf files.
When i try to open them, Adobe acrobat says the files are damaged and it cant open them. Is this an error on someone else's part or is it my computer?
Thanks

mozikluv

Joined Jan 22, 2004
Originally posted by Yeti@Sep 17 2005, 12:12 AM
Hello,
Someone made a post in the general electronics forum that has been sticky'd or pinned, that contains two pdf files.
When i try to open them, Adobe acrobat says the files are damaged and it cant open them. Is this an error on someone else's part or is it my computer?
Thanks
[post=10397]Quoted post[/post]​
hi,

pls. show the reference # of that post so the moderator or the administrator or other members can check that problem. ;)

Dave

Joined Nov 17, 2003
Hi Yeti,

I have tried opening the two pdf files using Adobe Acrobat 7.0 with no problem. You didn't mention what pdf veiwer you were using, but the mentioned error message is known problem with Adobe Acrobat 6.0 when trying to open pdf files from the web. If you are using Acrobat 6.0, you can save a copy of the file using right-click>Save Target As, this will allow you to open the pdfs from a local drive with no problem, or even better upgrade to Acrobat 7.0.

(Just a note: If you choose to upgrade to Acrobat 7.0, you are advised to install the upgrades 7.0.1, 7.0.2 and 7.0.3)

Hope that helps a little.

Yeti

Joined Jul 26, 2005
Yeah i do believe that it is on my end :(
I only have adobe acrobat reader 5.0 so ill have to upgrade sooner or later

Dave

Joined Nov 17, 2003
Originally posted by Yeti@Sep 25 2005, 09:21 PM
Yeah i do believe that it is on my end :(
I only have adobe acrobat reader 5.0 so ill have to upgrade sooner or later
[post=10595]Quoted post[/post]​
I haven't heard of the problem affecting Acrobat 5.0, but it wouldn't surprise me if the bug was also present in that version.