Circuit Analysis

dandeeny

Joined Jul 28, 2014
I'm a mature newcomer to electronics and regard All About Circuits as a tremendous resource. I've studied Vol 1, Chapters 1 to 7 and tried to put the knowledge to use by analysing an ohmeter circuit (the schematic hopefully, accompanies this help request) which was presented as part of the instructions manual for a multimeter construction project.

I am at loss how to incorporate the second (9 volt) battery into the circuit simplification proceedure as described in All About Circuits, Chapter 7. The treatment there deals only with series/parallel resistors in its circuit analysis. This second battery only becomes involved when the resistance range selector switch is in the X 10000 position. The second battery is brought into play as a series connection with the 3v battery but separated from it by the 195k resistor (R18 in the attached schematic). This separation further complicates the issue for me. Its presence disallows treatment of the power source as a single 12v battery.

Can anyone help me in analysing this circuit ?

Dand

Attachments

Cal Rico

Joined May 1, 2012
Tony R. Kuphaldt has done an incredible service preparing these Creative Commons ebook series.
Have you tried looking at the videos?