Charge Presession.

BR-549

Joined Sep 22, 2013
Charge Precession is the mechanism of adding or reducing the pitch(number of turns, n number) of a charge helix. This precession is caused by induction. I need to use an old diagram with this.

Io3.jpg

Take out the sun and put in a Perpendicular axle to the skinny Ellipse.
As I have explained before, I don't believe you can find an ellipse in nature.
In actual reality the path is a helix on the surface of a toroid.
The gray circles are the cross section of the toroid(doughnut).
In this setup, the path turns into a continuous structure of charge.
This charge is rotating at the speed of light.

Side note. Weber mathematically determined c, in which he called it the speed of charge.
This was the speed necessary for the magnetic field to equal the electric field. This was before any serious measurement of light.

Without any external force, the charge ring will be stable in that structure.
I want you to look at the lowest point on the left cross section. This will be our reference point.
We will call it precession point.....PP.
Even though the charge is rotating at light speed, because of the circumference, the charge ring will have a RPM. The RPM in inversely related to the circumference, diameter or radius. Because the speed of charge is constant.

I am not going to use left hand and right hand rules to determine proper direction, it's not necessary.

If you would now look from the top of the system, the PP is pointing due west.

If I bring the end of a bar magnet close to the top of the loop......the PP will start rotating down towards the south(advance). As I back away....the PP will return to the west. When I flip the magnet over and repeat.....the PP will rotate towards the north(retard), and return west on exit.

The charge always travels at the constant speed of charge, The only thing we did was change the position of PP. PP is always the low point of the spiral. We have not changed RPM.

Two things control the RATE of PP change. The magnitude of the flux, which is the number of lines that penetrate( which depends on distance AND angle). And the speed of the flux. Of the two things, the speed is dominate.

If we induce a positive PP RPM at least twice the charge RPM......the PP will wrap another turn of charge to the helix. The circumference will reduce by two and the charge RPM will increase by two. The PP will return to the west position. This PP acts like a ratchet, and will hold the new charge RPM. We can induce another turn.....but the induction speed will have to be twice as fast as the new RPM.

A negative electric field on an electron will advance PP. A positive electric field on an electron will retard the PP.

This is why an electron will retard and open up when joining with a proton.

A charge ring can emit an rf burst on BOTH adding or subtracting a turn, it depends on the excess induction force and the environment. The burst is emitted during the charge RPM change.
Emission is a ripple change in angular momentum. Any fast change in AM can emit, positive or negative.

I used the PP for diagram clarity only. It's more likely that the apogee is the advance PP and the perigee is the retard PP. For they are the closest and farthest away from the center.

Just a thought, if anyone can follow my feeble attempt to explain this.