CD4060 Plus

danadak

Joined Mar 10, 2018
I see often folks on forum in need of larger divider to generate secs/mins/hours/days/years/millenia
timing signals.

Here is a codeless PSOC one chip design, can go to as many bits as package pins allow, > 72 if
I recall correctly.

Has additionally output enable to tri-state the output pins if so desired. Can put several of these
on one chip in case you need multiple timing signals. Also using other onchip logic decode specific
counter state......Or using onchip HW create special cntr triggering conditions, whatever.....

No need for 555 timers developing low enough clks to get to long period low freq signal generation.
And the onchip osc fairly accurate itself, +/- 2%, if you need more accuracy add xtal.

Also if you have noisy reset and enab signals just add the debouncer onchip component for those
signals.

The part has an arm core, in this case no coding is done. Nevertheless if you want to implement a
complex design thats available as well to use and code.

Notice right hand widow show components used/left. This design used most of the I/O due to small
[package used, but rest of resources available for other uses.

IDE and Compiler free, boards to dev $ 10.

In PSOC nomenclature a component is an onchip resource. Attached is the onchip component list
of things you drag and drop to create your design. The more complex components do require coding,
but in some case a single _Start(); command is all thats needed.

Lots of fun, drag and drop components onto canvas, wire up internally to each other and/or to pins,
hit the build button, and the IDE routes and programs the part after checking for errors.

1575903401621.png

Regards, Dana.

Attachments

Last edited:

ElectricSpidey

Joined Dec 2, 2017
Awesome!

But what am I going to do with the 257 CD4060s I have in stock…HEH just kidding, actually I only have 256.

But seriously, I wanted to thank you for turning me on to PSoC, the first project turned out really nice and was done with no coding. I only turned to PSoC because my health issues are making it difficult to solder, and after finishing the first of three identical boards with discrete components, I knew I needed to switch gears.

But with PSoC I can still get the pleasure of designing with discreet components, and avoid the heavy soldering, up to a point.

I’m actually working on my second project using PSoC with some simple coding.

danadak

Joined Mar 10, 2018
That is the beauty of the tool and part. And when you get to coding another world is opened up.
But if you never code it still functions as a great breadboard in a chip with a lot of analog and digital
parts built into the "board" (the chip itself) , so's to speak.

Glad to have been of help.

Regards, Dana.

Last edited: