Capacitors - Excellent Explanation

ZeroPhonic

Joined Jul 26, 2005
An excellent explanation of capacitor action.

Succeeded in filling this particular void in my understanding whereas other literature were only succeeding in expanding it.

Difficult to pin-point exactly which part made my mind 'click' however the visual aids relating an increase/decrease in voltage change to current magnitude and direction was simply superb.

ZeroP

Originally posted by ZeroPhonic@Jul 27 2005, 09:35 AM
An excellent explanation of capacitor action.

Succeeded in filling this particular void in my understanding whereas other literature were only succeeding in expanding it.

Difficult to pin-point exactly which part made my mind 'click' however the visual aids relating an increase/decrease in voltage change to current magnitude and direction was simply superb.

ZeroP

[post=9292]Quoted post[/post]
I am new at understanding capacitors and how they work I was hoping for someone to explain to me a problem in which I 'm trying to solve, I have an objective 1.) use a varible to represent a physical quantity. 2.) Given an equation , insert numerical values for the varibles. 3.) Solve for a single unknown in an equation. 4.) use scientific notation. example A 5 uF capacitor has 5x10-4th power coulombs of charge stored on its plates find the voltage across the capacitor. Can anyone help me with this ?

mozikluv

Joined Jan 22, 2004
hi william,

i believe the answer to your query lies in the capacitor topic.

as to your item 4., this are the formulas involve:

Q = IT

Q = CV

V = Q/C

Q - charge in coulombs
C - capacitance in Farad
V - potential difference across the capacitor in Volts
I - current in Amperes
T - time is Seconds

moz