Can someone help identify this part

easygoin4

Joined Feb 16, 2019
Also there is a tiny diode below the yellow part, I need to know a part number for this.
As you see I replaced the other larger diode but it was a guess

Attachments

dl324

Joined Mar 30, 2015
Welcome to AAC!
It’s yellow like a resistor
Numbers on it
BK4
The arrow is confusing. It looks to me like it's pointing at the encapsulation material.

Is this the yellow resistor-like component you're talking about?
upload_2019-2-16_8-53-13.png
If so, it's a ceramic cap. The value must be marked on the side that you can't see because the info you posted is meaningless.

dl324

Joined Mar 30, 2015
Also there is a tiny diode below the yellow part, I need to know a part number for this.
As you see I replaced the other larger diode but it was a guess
upload_2019-2-16_8-56-5.png
The diode below the cap could be a zener or signal diode. Is the diode above the capacitor in the same package as the one you replaced?

Most through hole diodes have the part number printed on the package.

eetech00

Joined Jun 8, 2013
Welcome to AAC!
The arrow is confusing. It looks to me like it's pointing at the encapsulation material.

Is this the yellow resistor-like component you're talking about?
View attachment 170292
If so, it's a ceramic cap. The value must be marked on the side that you can't see because the info you posted is meaningless.
The yellow thing looks to me like an RN60 type resistor...

easygoin4

Joined Feb 16, 2019
Thanks everyone, I have no idea about these parts, see it’s a circuit for an older ATV which is not available or a diagram available.
The larger diode I replaced was burnt up and it was a guess, I have 3 other boards with some parts I have identified.
I just found out the smaller diode was broken in half with a magnifying glass.
I will remove the yellow thing and see if find more numbers
Thanks

easygoin4

Joined Feb 16, 2019
It looks just like a RN60 resistor as you mentioned, however there are no more numbers in mine, but did get numbers off another one
KL4

This is a 12v circuit that controls a temp light and a electric fan.
The thermistor in the oil cooler sends signal to turn fan on when resistance in low enough, then the light comes on if gets too hot or lower resistance.
I believe it’s a circuit using Ground to complete circuit like on boats.
Thanks

MisterBill2

Joined Jan 23, 2018
That yellow thing with the rounded ends looks a lot more like a capacitor than a resistor, especially since all of the resistors look quite different from that item. Possibly a tantalum capacitor.