Burnt washing machine motor wire

jhonny b

Joined May 8, 2020
Hello,

My washing machine motor has a few wires exiting from the coil. 1 is burnt. Said is connected to a small black box above the coil with a connection exiting.
Can i connect the wire direct.. from exiting the coil to the plug ?

jhonny b

Joined May 8, 2020
Hello,

My washing machine motor has 3 wires coming from the coil to a plug . one wire (white) is connected to a small black flat box above the coil. It is burnt in the female spade connector attached to that box. the said box has another single white wire exiting straight to the socket with other wires. Due to lockdown i am wondering if i can by pass the (box) and connect it direct?

dl324

Joined Mar 30, 2015
Due to lockdown i am wondering if i can by pass the (box) and connect it direct?
Can't say without more information about what the wire was connected to. In general, you should attempt to understand what the wire was for and why it got burned. Defeating any protection circuits in anything is generally a bad idea. Is it worth burning your house down?

MaxHeadRoom

Joined Jul 18, 2013
If the small black item is connected to the coil, it could be a thermal sensor, it is not that plain in the photo, need a close up of the small black item, if that is what you are referring to ?
Max.

jhonny b

Joined May 8, 2020
Max, on the left you can see the burnt spade connector(white wire coming from the motor) . On the right it exits Covered in white plastic shield. Then connect with the others (Blk, purple, White/ blk,blu, Yel and 2 slots down she is connected.

Attachments

MaxHeadRoom

Joined Jul 18, 2013
So it would seem that the connection fried due to high resistance connection?
If so, needs to be reconstructed with the correct 'spade' terminals.
Max.