Bridge Rectifier Assistance

james211

Joined May 29, 2012
I work in the motion picture industry and there are quite a few pieces of equipment that use 2-pin Lemo cables. The problem is not all the manufacturers use the same standards with their equipment, so some use pin-1 as negative, pin-2 positive, and others pin-1 positive, pin-2 negative..so sometimes I might be using a battery adapter that has one configuration and the EQ it goes to has the opposite. Does that make sense?

With that in mind, I'm constantly building alternative solutions using my 3D printer and I'd like to be able to put a bridge rectifier in play to prevent the possibility of a polarity mixup and screwing up some equipment.

I've looked into the bridge rectifiers on Mouser and I realized there is a lot I don't understand, so I'm hoping someone can help me out.

Here are the typical power specs of most of the equipment:
5-14.4 volts
3amps max (this is rare)

james211

Joined May 29, 2012
Thank you.

thankfully most of the equipment has a fairly large range for input voltage since a variety of different batteries are often used.
The first example I can give is the current project I’m working on. I have two HD wireless transmitters that will be powered by one battery - 1 cable that’s splits and plugs into each transmitter. The battery is an Anton Bauer supplying 14.4 volts, the transmitters have an input voltage range of 6-16volts.

Does that help a bit?

Dodgydave

Joined Jun 22, 2012
Thank you.

thankfully most of the equipment has a fairly large range for input voltage since a variety of different batteries are often used.
The first example I can give is the current project I’m working on. I have two HD wireless transmitters that will be powered by one battery - 1 cable that’s splits and plugs into each transmitter. The battery is an Anton Bauer supplying 14.4 volts, the transmitters have an input voltage range of 6-16volts.

Does that help a bit?
Go with Shotkley diodes, they drop around 100 to 400mV..

https://eu.mouser.com/Semiconductor...s/_/N-ax1mj?P=1z0y466Z1yuoc5nZ1yuoc72Z1z0z63x

james211

Joined May 29, 2012
Thanks!

I’d prefer to buy the bridge rectifier as one piece rather than create it myself.

additionally I have two questions:
1. How do I calculate for the appropriate bridge rectifier?

2. How much heat do these create?