BJT amplifier circuit

curriejohn

Joined Feb 17, 2015
Hi

Would some body be able to show me the correct format on how to calculate the Gain for the attached circuit.

I know Av = Vout/Vin but what is the best way to find out Vout!!!! Hope this makes sense.

Thank you in advance.

Attachments

KLillie

Joined May 31, 2014
Hi

Would some body be able to show me the correct format on how to calculate the Gain for the attached circuit.

I know Av = Vout/Vin but what is the best way to find out Vout!!!! Hope this makes sense.

Thank you in advance.
Hi

Thank you in advance.

KLillie

Joined May 31, 2014
This looks like homework. If it is, they do have a section for that. If not, I'm thinking you may have to make some assumptions about your circuit.

WBahn

Joined Mar 31, 2012
Hi

Thank you in advance.
What do you know so far about small-signal analysis of BJT circuits?

curriejohn

Joined Feb 17, 2015
Do you need the exact gain equation or just an approximation?
Hi Crutschow

I just need the equation that will give me the Vo of the attached circuit so i can then calculate the Gain Av. Its a part of my home study college work that i am completing to upgrade my qualifications. I come on here to get some professional help from guys like you as studying from home with no tutor is fairly difficult.

Thanks

mxg2579

Joined Jun 10, 2015
Well like WBahn asked, do you know about small-signal analysis of BJT's? You will need to set-up the small signal analysis circuit and from there you will see Vin and Vout, and all you have to do is write some loop-equations, etc. to get Vout in terms of Vin.

If you look on wikipedia for "Hybrid-Pi model" there is a pretty good illustration of the model and the associated equations. See if that helps

Last edited: