Avramenko's Plug

4beowulf7

Joined Jul 25, 2015
Hello everyone!

I'm working on a project and like to present it in this post. It's called as Avramenko's plug.

Avramenko is a Russian scientist and invented the plug shown in Fig. 1 to transmit electrical energy over a single wire. It’s a simple circuit consisting of two diodes, one capacitor, and a flash tube. The high-voltage (HV) terminal is connected to the HV output of an auto ignition coil. The + HV pulse charges C1 through D1. D2 is OFF during this operation. When the pulse is OFF, D1 will be OFF, and the charged capacitor will be discharged through the flash tube. When there is no trigger wire, the flash tube won’t fire! When I wrap a wire around the flash tube and extend it into the air by about 15 cm, the tube will fire nicely.

Fig21.png
Fig. 1. Avramenko's plug circuit.
Fig22.png
Fig. 2. Avramenko’s plug. Four capacitors, each 56nF/2500V are connected in parallel to form a 224nF/2500V cap. Single capacitor works too, but the flash intensity is lower.

Fig23.png

Fig. 3. a) No wire, no flash. b) With the wire, the flash tube fires! Firing mechanism can be explained by collecting free electrons from the wire and the air.

Is anyone working on this? Has anyone tried transferring power using a single wire over a long distance?

Greetings

Attachments

DickCappels

Joined Aug 21, 2008
It should be noted that this circuit is potentially dangerous and should be handled with great care, keeping in mind that there is no bleeder on the capacitor bank.

I believe the effect is due to charging the capacitor through minute capacitance from either side of the capacitor, depending upon which diode is being driven, to earth.

A few minutes I made a similar circuit using a white LED, a 47 uf capacitor, and a pair of 1N916 diodes. The circuit was driven from 230 VAC from a low power power line simulator -not directly from the power line through approximately 1 meter of clipleads.

When placed over a grounded copper plate, the LED glowed faintly.

When I moved the copper plate's connection from earth to 230 VAC, the LED stopped glowing.

Cutting one lead of the capacitor and having performance unaffected appears to indicate that the capacitor is not important unless one wants to flash something.

For further proof that no exotic phenomena are at work, see this derivative experiment
Electron Collection and Emission Using a Flyback Transformer