Audio Amplifier Without Volume regulator

TornikeLashkhi

Joined Mar 10, 2021
Hello, I need Some help, if its possible

Problem Description:
I've Got Ceiling Speakers Pair (150 Watt each, Max).
It has Some Amplifier in box, with only AUX (3.5 mm) audio port and Bluetooth option. It has no volume regulator or anything else. (model No. AMP-BTX 01)
I've Mounted it in Ceiling but, Amplifier has no any design to attach on wall or something. (Herdio Speakers and Amplifier).
So, I've found some wall mounted socket with many options (Volume regulator, Audio (7mm, 3.5 mm) ports, USB port), but theier maximum output per channel is from 20 to 30 Watts (for Example: https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B08K8FQBRX/ref=ask_ql_qh_dp_hza).

So question is, Can I add on amplifier some regulator or low wattage amlifier to cotrol volume, connect devices and maintain audio output watts?

Thanks

TornikeLashkhi

Joined Mar 10, 2021
What is the source of audio for the speakers? Does it not have a volume control?
No, as I wrote model of amplifier, it has only input for 3.5 Jack and has BT reciever. No volue controller See second link below.

Are you going to use Bluetooth or direct connection for the audio source to the amp?
It's not matter, May I can both, But BT is always better of course. I found Some interesting device ( https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B00SA1QEAG/ref=ox_sc_act_title_1?smid=A2L77EE7U53NWQ&psc=1 ) May I can connect it to my system. I bought This pack ( https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B08RMYXWXY/ref=ppx_yo_dt_b_asin_title_o00_s00?ie=UTF8&psc=1 )

So, is it this Pyle Reciever acceptable for those speakers?

crutschow

Joined Mar 14, 2008
The speaker amp shows a AUX input.

If that's an audio input, then you should be able to connect the RCA outputs of the Pyle control to that amp input, with the proper cable.

Otherwise you will need a volume control with a Bluetooth output, which the Pyle does not have.
Perhaps one of these would work for you.

KeithWalker

Joined Jul 10, 2017
No, as I wrote model of amplifier, it has only input for 3.5 Jack and has BT reciever. No volue controller See second link below.
That did not answer my question! What device are you going to use as an audio source for the speakers? A radio? An MP3 player? Your cell phone? If you have a volume control on the device supplying the audio, you don't need one on the speakers too.

Audioguru again

Joined Oct 21, 2019
The amplifier thing has a horrible description. It has a button to be its FM radio so it MUST have a built-in volume control.
The owners manual will say if the lower "speaker" buttons are the volume up and down buttons and if they also control the volume of the Bluetooth input.

Attachments

TornikeLashkhi

Joined Mar 10, 2021
That did not answer my question! What device are you going to use as an audio source for the speakers? A radio? An MP3 player? Your cell phone? If you have a volume control on the device supplying the audio, you don't need one on the speakers too.
Yes I use my smartphone for music, but before connect it alwyas will be on MAX volume and Will have background awful noise. Even at the moment of connecting 3.5 mm jack there will be bad sound. So volume regulator is better anyway. Because I want use both, For TV aux and for MUsic my Smartphone. It has no selector even. So if I want bT i have to diconnect aux on max sound, its not comfortable i think.

The speaker amp shows a AUX input.

If that's an audio input, then you should be able to connect the RCA outputs of the Pyle control to that amp input, with the proper cable.

Otherwise you will need a volume control with a Bluetooth output, which the Pyle does not have.
Perhaps one of these would work for you.
Yes, I like this version, only thing I dont like is those 2 parts. So output part with RCA output holes, have to be connected to another. But, I will connect speakers and this to same Power (same voltage). I will hide both of them in the wall. Only regulator will be on the wall. Only thing I dont know if output watts and sound quality will be same if I use this Regulator (Each has max 150 Watt).

The amplifier thing has a horrible description. It has a button to be its FM radio so it MUST have a built-in volume control.
The owners manual will say if the lower "speaker" buttons are the volume up and down buttons and if they also control the volume of the Bluetooth input.
I like this version than Pyle, cause in europe we have square sockets and will be better. But I couldnt find out how I can connect to amlifier this device.

crutschow

Joined Mar 14, 2008
I like this version than Pyle, cause in europe we have square sockets and will be better. But I couldnt find out how I can connect to amlifier this device.
That device has a built-in amplifier which connects directly to the speaker.
The amp that came with the speakers you have, wouldn't be used.
And it does not appear to support Bluetooth.

TornikeLashkhi

Joined Mar 10, 2021
That device has a built-in amplifier which connects directly to the speaker.
The amp that came with the speakers you have, wouldn't be used.
And it does not appear to support Bluetooth.
Yesterday I get those Herdio System (Speakers and Amplifier). The Amplifier has BT reciever and 3.5 MM port. But VIA port it has way lower sound than with bluetooth. I will try with better Cable but how its possible that outputs arent similar. If it will be same with better cable those regulators is useless unfortunetely :(

crutschow

Joined Mar 14, 2008
I will try with better Cable but how its possible that outputs arent similar.
Cable has nothing to do with the volume.
The difference in volume is due to the difference in gain between the BT channel and the port channel (inherent design differences).
But you should be able to connect the output of the Pyle Bluetooth receiver you posted to the input of that amp port to control the volume from your Bluetooth signal.

TornikeLashkhi

Joined Mar 10, 2021
Cable has nothing to do with the volume.
The difference in volume is due to the difference in gain between the BT channel and the port channel (inherent design differences).
But you should be able to connect the output of the Pyle Bluetooth receiver you posted to the input of that amp port to control the volume from your Bluetooth signal.
How, it has to be connected to amplifier, it has now power source. So if I connect to to Pyle reciever, It has to be connected to amplifier VIA 3.5 MM port. So there will 2 BT reciever (1 amplifier, 1 Pyle Reciever). There is Also amlifier socket from Pyle but I think, it will change output watts thats why I am still thinking to buy it or not. https://www.amazon.com/Herdio-Bluet...o+wall+socket+amplifier&qid=1615536858&sr=8-1

crutschow

Joined Mar 14, 2008
I don't understand your confusion.
The Pyle device has left and right outputs when should connect to the 3.5 MM port on the amps you have.
The Herdio unit has one built in amplifer (not stereo) which goes directly to a speaker.

TornikeLashkhi

Joined Mar 10, 2021
I don't understand your confusion.
The Pyle device has left and right outputs when should connect to the 3.5 MM port on the amps you have.
The Herdio unit has one built in amplifer (not stereo) which goes directly to a speaker.
It has, But this reciever has too less volume when its connected to 3.5 mm port, than when its connected to BT. If I use Pyle bluetooth it wont have higher volume than with Amplifier BT

TornikeLashkhi

Joined Mar 10, 2021
The Pyle should have it's own line amplifier from the Bluetooth input to the RCA outputs, so I would expect that would give you more than enough volume.
I dont think so. Its not icluding amplifier, its just connetor for active audio speakers. Every picture in description is about active speakers

crutschow

Joined Mar 14, 2008
I dont think so. Its not icluding amplifier, its just connetor for active audio speakers
It's more than just a connector.
It has to have electronic since it receives a Bluetooth, and that will include a line (audio low level signal) amplifier to drive the RCA outputs.

You seem not to be understand the difference between a low-level signal amplifier and a high-level power amplifier.
They are two different things.
The Pyle doesn't include a power audio amplifier, but you already have that included with the speakers.
Line-level amps work with a signal level of a volt or so, for the signals that go to the input of the power amps.

Last edited: