Anndriod appliction -guidance needed

Aishu Sri

Joined Feb 16, 2017
Hi,
This is Aishwarya. Im a fresher and new to android. they have a handed over me Android project which is developed and needs trouble shooting. Android project basically receives data packets from BLE device and extract the data from packets and filter it and plot real-time .
My immediate work is to put the know data in the instead of BLE data and plot the know value in real time graph. As im new to android im finding it difficult to understand the code and start with. Can you please help with any reference links or sample code for my activity.

atferrari

Joined Jan 6, 2004
Hi,
This is Aishwarya. Im a fresher and new to android. they have a handed over me Android project which is developed and needs trouble shooting. Android project basically receives data packets from BLE device and extract the data from packets and filter it and plot real-time .
My immediate work is to put the know data in the instead of BLE data and plot the know value in real time graph. As im new to android im finding it difficult to understand the code and start with. Can you please help with any reference links or sample code for my activity.
Could you at least say what language / IDE are you supposed to use for the above. Is that the way you usually explain your problems?

More or less in line with your request this is what I did using RFO Basic.

MrSoftware

Joined Oct 29, 2013
Debugging other people's code can be a real PITA. If possible, and assuming there aren't good comments, find the guy who wrote the code and sit him down. First smack him for not putting good comments. Second have him explain to you how his code is SUPPOSED to work. Obviously it's not working like it's supposed to, so reading the code will only help so much. Have him explain what the flow SHOULD be, and what each method SHOULD do. Add comments yourself as he explains. Then you can figure out why it's not doing what it's supposed to do. 10 minutes of his time could save you hours of decyphering.

Being android, I'm guessing it's written in either android studio (Java) or Xamarin (C#)?