And now for something weird...

spinnaker

Joined Oct 29, 2009

I hope he died a long and painful death. There is nothing worse than a poacher. What they are doing to the elephant and the rhino population is appalling. To think those rhinos are being slaughtered simply because some rich Chinese man thinks the horn is going to help him get it up. It is long past time that ends.

I used to work at a zoo. The most amazing animals there were the elephants. I loved to watch them on the way to work. They were in an outdoor exhibit. The exhibit was divided by a pond and a pile of logs. There were two sisters in the exhibit. One day they were in separate halves of the exhibit. The one closest to me was swaying back and forth much like you see at the circus that looks like dancing. We were told that this is a behavior that the circus uses on command. But in nature it means they are stressed.

The one close to me was swaying. The other in back of the exhibit would periodically snort and look in the direction of her sister. A couple more snorts, then some feet stomping and more glances. I thought for sure it was my imagination but I was thinking the one in the back was getting pissed off at the one near me. I then thought how silly that was to think that as it couldn't be.

Next thing I know the one in the back starts climbing through the logs to get to her sister's section. It took a lot of effort to climb through the logs. She came up alongside her sister and SLAM. A big shoulder to shoulder block. A snort or two from the sister from the back. She climbed back through the logs back to her section. A snort and a couple of more stomps and it was over. Sister in the front stopped her swaying.

Now how can you kill an animal like that?

spinnaker

Joined Oct 29, 2009
During my training, at the zoo, we got to learn about a lot of the animals. We were told a a story abut the elephants. At the time of the story the elephant exhibit was right next to the employee parking lot.

The elephants hated the vet but they would never hurt him. They didn't like to have their temperature taken. Well because they don't make an oral thermometer for an elephant. :eek: One day the vet showed up to give his exam to the elephants. He parked his car in the employee lot and made his way over to the elephant exhibit. The elephants knew what was up. One of the elephants picked up a rock and tossed it into the employee parking lot right through the windshield of the vets car! :eek:

Pretty amazing.

nsaspook

Joined Aug 27, 2009
https://pjmedia.com/lifestyle/homic...s-peter-rabbit-angers-parents-kids-allergies/
The preview looks pretty grim. Peter and his friends appear to be more like inner city gang members than a family of country rabbits looking for extra carrots. If that isn't bad enough, parents of food-allergic children are on high alert after reports surfaced on Facebook of a disturbing scene that gives them nightmares.

joeyd999

Joined Jun 6, 2011