AC DC conversion and power drill diy bicycle motor

MymoneysOnOperatorError

Joined Jan 19, 2021
I have a few questions based on some little projects have been working towards finishing. The first one has to do with me trying to use my 120 AC powered corded drill as a simple converted bicycle motor. Show theme simple enough but my issue is how do I convert it to run on a battery? I would like to use my 25.2 volt DC battery. Its made of 7 vape batteries stacked. I've tried connecting the + - wires from battery directly to the plug on the drill. No luck so far

MymoneysOnOperatorError

Joined Jan 19, 2021
I have a few questions based on some little projects have been working towards finishing. The first one has to do with me trying to use my 120 AC powered corded drill as a simple converted bicycle motor. Show theme simple enough but my issue is how do I convert it to run on a battery? I would like to use my 25.2 volt DC battery. Its made of 7 vape batteries stacked. I've tried connecting the + - wires from battery directly to the plug on the drill. No luck so far
Do I need to add a diode?

MaxHeadRoom

Joined Jul 18, 2013
And made for AC to boot! ?
Unless it is a Universal motor (brushed)? Where it will run at reduced RPM/torque.
It may not revolve as-is if the RPM controller is still attached.
Max.