4-20mA Comunications

Status
Not open for further replies.

djsfantasi

Joined Apr 11, 2010
It’s not that you thanked Roman. I feel that criticism is unfounded. However, the real message here is that one should be aware of the age of threads. Responding to an old post often is an expression of futility. The concern is more for responding with a solution to an inactive thread. Or asking a follow up question in an old thread. In the letter case, starting your own thread is recommended.

But you just wanted to thank someone. In this case, the original poster may never see your comments. No harm, no foul.

spinnaker

Joined Oct 29, 2009
It’s not that you thanked Roman. I feel that criticism is unfounded. However, the real message here is that one should be aware of the age of threads. Responding to an old post often is an expression of futility. The concern is more for responding with a solution to an inactive thread. Or asking a follow up question in an old thread. In the letter case, starting your own thread is recommended.

But you just wanted to thank someone. In this case, the original poster may never see your comments. No harm, no foul.

My comment was never meant to be a criticism of gratitude expressed. It was meant at the logic of responding to a 3 year old thread to a user that only has 3 posts and has not been around in 3 years. In addition to that there is something a bit odd about this thread. For some reason it seems to attract a lot of transients. People who come in make one or two posts and never to be seen again. And all about a very obscure subject no less. It is awfully strange.

My comment was never meant to be a criticism of gratitude expressed. It was meant at the logic of responding to a 3 year old thread to a user that only has 3 posts and has not been around in 3 years. In addition to that there is something a bit odd about this thread. For some reason it seems to attract a lot of transients. People who come in make one or two posts and never to be seen again. And all about a very obscure subject no less. It is awfully strange.
Ok, spinnaker!
I work with systems (development) and am having the need to get data from a network in this standard (4-20ma) this pattern is used in Gilbarco Wayne pumps etc ...
I imagine other people should also have the same need.

Tiloups

Joined Mar 6, 2019
Hello
Marvin944 I would like to know what you do with arduino and gilbarco pump communication, I just need to read the information from the pump.
I have the protocole information but when i interface with the communication pump i receive bad signal.
thanks

It's clear to me that the title really needs changing. From what I remember about this thread it's about a 20 mA SERIAL current loop and protpcal for a particular device. It's not about the 4-20 mA ANALOG transmission standard where 4 mA is used to power the sensor and the sensor regulates it's current consumption depending on the value of the sensor.

Old Teletypes used the serial current loop standard and so did the console terminals of some DEC computers.

Brief info is here: https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Digital_current_loop_interface

Status
Not open for further replies.