4-20mA Comunications

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hi actually i try to connect to a fuel dispenser.
The dispenser use a two wire 4-20mA comunication.

I have the protocol but i dont know how is the circuit to make the interface with my microcontroler.

I think the comunication are simplex, some body can help me?
to convert the 4-20mA to TTL, but TX -RX system
Hi Diego,

I've been killing myself trying to get the Protocol for Gilbarco Dispensers... Can you help me out?

Hi Diego,

I've been killing myself trying to get the Protocol for Gilbarco Dispensers... Can you help me out?
Hi. I have a document "Gilbarco Dispenser Two-Wire Protocol for Third Party Pump Controllers ", but there is no knowledge in microcontrollers. also have schemes ready devices operating on the basis of atmega8. Can someone help with a prototype interface unit for the pump based on the Arduino, and sketch for him?

p.s. sorry for the lousy English through google translator

p.p.s. this is what you need?

Hi. I have a document "Gilbarco Dispenser Two-Wire Protocol for Third Party Pump Controllers ", but there is no knowledge in microcontrollers. also have schemes ready devices operating on the basis of atmega8. Can someone help with a prototype interface unit for the pump based on the Arduino, and sketch for him?

p.s. sorry for the lousy English through google translator

p.p.s. this is what you need?
Hello, Can you please share this document with me

marvin944

Joined Dec 23, 2017
Hi actually i try to connect to a fuel dispenser.
The dispenser use a two wire 4-20mA comunication.

I have the protocol but i dont know how is the circuit to make the interface with my microcontroler.

I think the comunication are simplex, some body can help me?
to convert the 4-20mA to TTL, but TX -RX system
Hi Diego,

I'm working on the same thing. How far did you get? Could you share the protocol with me?

spinnaker

Joined Oct 29, 2009
See post #43. Diego was last seen in October of 2014 -- more than 3 years ago. Don't hold your breath waiting for him to return.
What is odd is 2 different newbies posting to the same old thread about a fairly unusual protocol. Not to mention a newbie with 3 posts waking up an old post back in 2016. What are the chances? I sense something afoot.

marvin944

Joined Dec 23, 2017
What is odd is 2 different newbies posting to the same old thread about a fairly unusual protocol. Not to mention a newbie with 3 posts waking up an old post back in 2016. What are the chances? I sense something afoot.
It's called synchronicity, but alas, I got what I need due to this thread, so glad I came here!

atferrari

Joined Jan 6, 2004
The end of semester in the institute where they belong to.

In 6 months, my forecast says, a wave of requests for software to control an elevator mixed with school bell controls.

marvin944

Joined Dec 23, 2017
I too am talking, well, wanting, to a Gilbarco (Petrotec) Dispenser through an arduino. I can put the two wires in the tx/rx connections and read at baud rate 5767 (default). I do get the right data returned, but cannot seem to talk to the pump. It ignores my data. Anyone here that managed to get further?

Status
Not open for further replies.