2 Floor Dumbwaiter Control System

MaxHeadRoom

Joined Jul 18, 2013
I know it is not operating fast, but I would have thought just for safety reasons the door should be closed in order for the motor to start, also if the door is opened when moving, the motor would stop, a indicator light could be fitted that shows At Station A - At Station B and Moving.
Also that is bad practice to just have the P.B. hanging on wires, and not secured and fed with right cabling etc.
Max.

Last edited:

aesh18

Joined Feb 4, 2019
Hi. I'm very interested in your project as i'm looking to do the same. Can you provide me the link to the control supply shop?

So I took the schematic from Crutschow to a control supply shop and I talk to the head control maker. He said really fast in a foreign language that it wouldn't work for several reasons all of which I couldn't translate fast enough while talking with him. He also mentioned that there was no need to worry about someone pressing the down button while someone was pressing the up button as the motor will run in the direction pressed until a limit switch is triggered. I'm guessing this is by use of a latching relay?? I was planning to buy the equipment and wire it up my self but he said they could produce it for about 150 US in 3 days. So knowing I had a schematic that may not work and a week to complete this one I decided to let them produce it and I would try to learn from the control they provide.

So I'm posting pics and please detail what each item is and what it does.

Also he need to remove a white cylinder from the old control which came with my winch and reuse it in the control box.

View attachment 153394 View attachment 153395 View attachment 153396 View attachment 153397 View attachment 153399

Hello all, I am new to the forum and very interested in the elevator project.
I am building 3 dumbwaiters all using Hoists. So thankful that I have found someone with experience with the wiring.
I couldn’t get the video to load, would love to see it in operation.

MaxHeadRoom

Joined Jul 18, 2013
Hello all, I am new to the forum and very interested in the elevator project.
I am building 3 dumbwaiters all using Hoists.
Do you have any experience with control wiring?
Are you in N.A.? If so I suggest getting a copy of NFPA79, if not already.
The link to the Schneider schematics is not longer on their site, but I have it in PDF, if needed.
Max,

Do you have any experience with control wiring?
Are you in N.A.? If so I suggest getting a copy of NFPA79, if not already.
The link to the Schneider schematics is not longer on their site, but I have it in PDF, if needed.
Max,
Thanks Max, my hands on experience is limited. I am a retired owner of a structural steel manufacturing business in California. Over the years we built a lot of our own specialized equipment that used a lot of NC and motor control systems, including material handling, cutting, drilling, and finishing equipment.
I have always been intrigued with the electronics, but always left that part to the experts at Applied Micro.
The projects that I am working on now are for myself and a friend.
I would appreciate the schematics if you have them.
Thanks Ron

MaxHeadRoom

Joined Jul 18, 2013
I see I posted it in #10.
One thing you may want to consider is a PLC.
Although it is good to have a background in hard wiring first.
Max.

oz93666

Joined Sep 7, 2010
I am using a 200kg winch to power the lift.

The motor is very slow
Counter Weight .......... No one has yet mentioned using a counterweight , It seems to me this is essential .

Usually it's chosen to be slightly heavier than the empty lift ... Many dumb waiters operate without motor and are easily and rapidly pulled up and down ..

With counterweight the motor can be much smaller and will drive the lift much faster.

I can't help thinking all the electronics is ridiculously over the top ! This is only going between two floors!!

The design on the right is the simplest and best , no need for a motor , just two pulleys . Just as easy for the operator to pull the rope as push a button ....

Nothing to go wrong ..... kiss !

Last edited: