2 Floor Dumbwaiter Control System

mikecritical

Joined May 22, 2018
So a little explanation I asked for 2 limit switches on top and 2 on bottom. The primary limit switches will stop the unit and the secondary ones is in case of failure of the first switch. If any of these are pressed the lift automatically stops. For the travel limit switches there is one with a flat bar and one with a roller on top and bottom. The elevator doors use limit switches as well. In case both switches are not depressed, the lift will not function.View attachment 153400

dendad

Joined Feb 20, 2016
Yes indeed, make sure a schematic is in the enclosure, and you keep another copy elsewhere. It will save hours of service time when it needs to be repaired.

MaxHeadRoom

Joined Jul 18, 2013
So I'm posting pics and please detail what each item is and what it does.
Neat Job.
Incidentally the use of yellow conductors a couple of years ago would have indicated that these conductors would be from another source and be live when the local disconnect for the panel was off.
Now N.A. has adopted the same colour as Europe for this, namely Orange. (ref NFPA79).
Max.

Last edited:

ArakelTheDragon

Joined Nov 18, 2016
So I took the schematic from Crutschow to a control supply shop and I talk to the head control maker. He said really fast in a foreign language that it wouldn't work for several reasons all of which I couldn't translate fast enough while talking with him. He also mentioned that there was no need to worry about someone pressing the down button while someone was pressing the up button as the motor will run in the direction pressed until a limit switch is triggered. I'm guessing this is by use of a latching relay?? I was planning to buy the equipment and wire it up my self but he said they could produce it for about 150 US in 3 days. So knowing I had a schematic that may not work and a week to complete this one I decided to let them produce it and I would try to learn from the control they provide.

So I'm posting pics and please detail what each item is and what it does.

Also he need to remove a white cylinder from the old control which came with my winch and reuse it in the control box.

View attachment 153394 View attachment 153395 View attachment 153396 View attachment 153397 View attachment 153399
The keys here are "another country" and "they will produce it"! Which country? In other countries they are haters especially towards foreigners. They will probably do the same but " tell you" it is something else.

MaxHeadRoom

Joined Jul 18, 2013
I was planning to buy the equipment and wire it up my self but he said they could produce it for about 150 US in 3 days. So knowing I had a schematic that may not work and a week to complete this one I decided to let them produce it and I would try to learn from the control they provide.
Also he need to remove a white cylinder from the old control which came with my winch and reuse it in the control box.
If you got all that for US$150 you got a Real Deal, I would charge that just to draw up the schematic!
The 'White Cylinder' appears to be the motor start cap.
Max.

MaxHeadRoom

Joined Jul 18, 2013
How did you make out with the schematic/symbols?
I find the way it is drawn a little stray from the norm, not really needed to show the K1,K2 coils twice IMO.
Max.

Last edited:

MaxHeadRoom

Joined Jul 18, 2013
There is something that doesn't make sense in the switching of K1,K2 motor power.
Also when using a 3ph contactor/O/L for a single phase motor, one of the power conductors is normally looped through the 'spare' section.
Max.

mikecritical

Joined May 22, 2018
I haven't had time to look at symbols It will likely be on my day off. I have taken gopro video of the building and installing of the lift. Will post video when its finished. We have tested the controls and they are all working. Limit switches work for doors and height. Up, Down and Stop buttons work.

MaxHeadRoom

Joined Jul 18, 2013
If you can read the motor plate, or take a pic of it, just to confirm whether there is a mistake in the print for the motor contactor.
Max.

mikecritical

Joined May 22, 2018
I have already installed the frame and motor and half finished wiring the limit switches in place. I just thought of another problem when I was at home but I haven't tested the dumbwaiter to see if the control master thought of this problem. In case the upper limit switch is activated the down button must still be functional. So the upper limit switch must only stop the up movement and the lower limit switch must only stop the down movement. Or else it would be stuck in that position.

I have videos of the frame and motor installation testing on site. I will upload them to youtube after the project is finished and have a few days to edit the videos.