CallumWales

Joined Jul 26, 2023
Hi all, I'm looking for some help with a light switch from the rear interior lights of a Vauxhall Insignia. I've scoured the internet with the parts numbers and manufacturer assembly numbers etc and came back with no results.

All I know is that this is an on/off push button switch made by HELLA, the part number is 167811 for the switch itself. I've never seen a switch made like this, so any info on type/build would be appreciated (only really curious about it).

I've ordered a second hand unit as the switch was sticking on (hence taking the unit apart and opening the switch up). When it turns up, I'll swap the dodgy switch out as its a different coloured unit.

TIA

Callum.

20230726_143918[1].jpg20230726_143540[1].jpg20230726_143502[1].jpg20230726_143441[1].jpg

MrAl

Joined Jun 17, 2014
Hi,

Is that a push on, push off?
If so, you can find a lot of switches that will do that provided you don't need an exact replacement.
I would think an auto parts store would carry them, or online, but it's hard to say.

CallumWales

Joined Jul 26, 2023
Hi,

Is that a push on, push off?
If so, you can find a lot of switches that will do that provided you don't need an exact replacement.
I would think an auto parts store would carry them, or online, but it's hard to say.
Yes, push on, push off. Never seen a switch this small with a gear wheel inside it before. I'll have a little look around, thank you

MrAl

Joined Jun 17, 2014
Yes, push on, push off. Never seen a switch this small with a gear wheel inside it before. I'll have a little look around, thank you
Hi,

You are welcome, and maybe there is even a chance you don't really need a push on, push off, then you can get something even more fancy and cool looking, maybe even lit up with an LED or something.