ZVS driver simulation not working

icantalktosneks

Joined Apr 23, 2021
I tried to make a ZVS driver simulation, but I cant seem to get any output.

Screenshot 2021-04-24 162415.png

After removing the power supply via an inductor to the center tapped transformer, it gives me an output waveform
Screenshot 2021-04-24 162307.png
I tried directly connecting without an inductor, but the output remained a flatline.

Attachments

ericgibbs

Joined Jan 29, 2010
hi ican,
It is a common problem with simulated oscillators, they are so well balanced, they will not run.
In the real circuit, the component tolerances are usually a little unbalanced, so they run OK.
Adding a .IC offset can give them a kick start.

You could also try .tran 0 10m 5m startup
E

icantalktosneks

Joined Apr 23, 2021
hi ican,
It is a common problem with simulated oscillators, they are so well balanced, they will not run.
In the real circuit, the component tolerances are usually a little unbalanced, so they run OK.
Adding a .IC offset can give them a kick start.

You could also try .tran 0 10m 5m startup
E
ok thank you, I've been trying to get this working for a whole day now. But what does .tran 0 10m 5m startup do?
Also while I have you here may I ask what determines the oscillating frequency of the ZVS driver if I hook it up to a transformer and a capacitor in parallel with its output as shown below. Is it still determined by the LC oscillator at the primary coil, or must I factor in the values from the secondary coil?
1619263317517.png

eetech00

Joined Jun 8, 2013
I tried to make a ZVS driver simulation, but I cant seem to get any output.

View attachment 236556

After removing the power supply via an inductor to the center tapped transformer, it gives me an output waveform
View attachment 236557
I tried directly connecting without an inductor, but the output remained a flatline.
Use the "startup" option.

.tran 50m startup

"start' ramps all voltages sources from 0 over 20u seconds.