Gate Driver simulation help needed

mishra87

Joined Jan 17, 2016
Hey..

My i am trying to simulate the dual switch flyback.
Vin - 48vdc, vout = 1000V, 2mA.

I am not sure about the gate drive, what kind of gate driver should i use, do we need high side gate driver for m1 and low side gate driver for M2.
This is digital based power supply so i will be giving 60KHz PWM signal from microcontroller.
Any idea and suggestion are highly welcomed.

1705729611570.png

Attachments

Alec_t

Joined Sep 17, 2013
The TLP2766A can only source/sink 10mA max, which is way too small to turn on MOSFETs rapidly if your switching frequency is 60kHz. You will need a dedicated gate-driver IC with a bootstrap arrangement to supply about 58V to the high-side gate. There are many examples of the use of gate drivers on the internet. Do a bit of Googling.
Is this a school/college project?

mishra87

Joined Jan 17, 2016
The TLP2766A can only source/sink 10mA max, which is way too small to turn on MOSFETs rapidly if your switching frequency is 60kHz. You will need a dedicated gate-driver IC with a bootstrap arrangement to supply about 58V to the high-side gate. There are many examples of the use of gate drivers on the internet. Do a bit of Googling.
Is this a school/college project?
hey...thanks for answer.
This is not college project.
Could you please share suggest some gate driver for dual switch flyback application application ?