Yanmar Diesel Engine

debe

Joined Sep 21, 2010
Check also that the windings arent overheated & should be both simmilar readings. The other option is use 12V instruments & use a 7812 reg to power them. Have seen vehicles here that use a 7808 reg for there gauges in factory fit that required 8V.

Attachments

R!f@@

Joined Apr 2, 2009
I am still at it......and the pressure meters are now operating according to daryl's suggestion.

I managed to figure out the resistor value used in the meters.
At 12V they work as expected.

for 24V I installed a 12V reg. I used the meter chassis as heat sink for 7812.

Plus a drop out resistor is also included just in case

Since I fixed the meters I thought of doing this right...so me got creative.

First the panel.

Since I am making it, I can boast all I want eh! :D

And if u are wondering, I have used Plasticoat to insulate the electronics completely before shrinking the sleeves.
See the red coloring all around. It is the anti corrosion that I have....I think I over did it a little.

R!f@@

Joined Apr 2, 2009

The internal wiring took longer that I expected

But it was worth it.

What do you think.?

The panel works as it should and I will be installing it today early morning.

Flash Back

Before

Now

Thank you debe for the diagram....It did recharged me..!

Last edited:

hwy101

Joined May 23, 2009
Nice job Mr. Raffy, if I was doing something like that I would also put a blob of silicone around the 7812 leads to secure those 2 caps and the diode from vibration.

R!f@@

Joined Apr 2, 2009
Nice job Mr. Raffy, if I was doing something like that I would also put a blob of silicone around the 7812 leads to secure the caps and the diode from vibration.
Raffy ?? :eek: Don't call me that....sounds like riffraff.....call me Rifaa or Rif. :D

As for the 7812...they are twisted, clamped, soldered, plastic coated.

Do u think I need silicone ?

hwy101

Joined May 23, 2009
Raffy ?? :eek: Don't call me that....sounds like riffraff.....call me Rifaa or Rif. :D

As for the 7812...they are twisted, clamped, soldered, plastic coated.

Do u think I need silicone ?
Yup, I'm just worried that one of those component leads might break off with engine vibration, better safe than sorry.
I've seen that sort of failure many times in aftermarket automotive applications.

R!f@@

Joined Apr 2, 2009
I've been scratching and itching all day long..

It was after I Jigsawed the Panel casing...!

Took a bath but still it's itching :mad:

R!f@@

Joined Apr 2, 2009
I wasn't wearing a shirt when I cut it......u know..!

Man ..this is freakin annoying.........still itching..!:mad:

Why is that ?

debe

Joined Sep 21, 2010
Just an anoyance externaly but dont breathe them in when cutting. I had to grind the inside of a fibreglass well in a fishing boat & was wearing a breathing mask, but was fully clothed. When finished went swiming in the ocean for a while to getrid of the glass dust. A shower would be better, have running water to flush residue away. Or go for a swim in the ocean, your surounded in it.