WTB 1/4W 5% RESISTORS IN SMALL LOTS

Status
Not open for further replies.
US postage is nuts. It's like $9.00 to $15.00; Express mail is a little cheaper.
Overseas: China Post incoming to US most of the time is 0. It' costs like $26.00 USD fpr me to mail a small parcel overseas, I just received my fist package from Sweeden and it cost me $16.00 USD. A free item for the price of postage.

When cost is the only parameter, free postage is possible at Digi-key.

I had a project, laundry filter, that I was doing for home and I needed multiple vendors
V1: An aquarium supply store
V2: The sock filter
V3: A special clamp and material to cut a gasket.
Had: 1/4-20 Tap, drill and clearance drill

V4: Appliance place
V5: local for various pipe/hose fittings

I also needed to use a lathe and drill press. The lathe option isn't available now. It tok a couple of iterations to get the right sock filter.

Wolframore

Joined Jan 21, 2019
Tayda uses usps and normally shipping is inexpensive. They specialize in small orders and it ships out of Colorado. They’re great for breadboarding. Examples from about a year ago. One was for a project that went into production the final device is SMD and purchased through Arrow electronics.

Digikey and Mouser shipping is higher and specialize in larger orders. Arrow has handling changes for orders under $50. These guys have helped me to get projects finished at a low cost when I need a few little things. They do not have a huge inventory or components just a decent collection of standardize parts for the hobbyist. Usually takes 2-3 days for delivery to Chicago.

8030FEEA-DE06-45A6-BA65-47FDDCC32FBA.jpeg

239190F0-9CDE-49A9-B401-3DFA71FF6072.jpeg

Last edited:

DickCappels

Joined Aug 21, 2008
Thank you for this! I think I can order some long-missing resistor values from Tayda and have them sent to my dear brother who can bring them to me from the U.S. These days through-hole parts are becoming scarce. Very scarce.

USMC_Spike

Joined Jan 23, 2017
To anyone in the Dallas Fort Worth area, even if you are visiting,
take a trip over to Tanner's Electronics, in Carrollton, it's a 3rd generation
family run business.

Wolframore

Joined Jan 21, 2019
Digi-Key and Mouser has their place, hard to get stuff, high volume, and absolutely must be destroyed over night. They‘re vital for commercial usage... they might even lose money on the one off orders that hobbyists need. Luckily we have other resources these days with the end of Radio Shack.

Wendy

Joined Mar 24, 2008
Well, since my 3D printer resistor storage project has been temporarily derailed, my next step is to make a nw storage system using snack bags and scotch tape my old resistor storage was lost in the aftermath of the stroke, So I am truly starting from scratch. I will let everyone know how it goes.

I see this thread has been a spammer magnet. Figures.

When I lived in the DFW Metroplex 30 years ago, Tanners was already there. In the corner of I-35 and Beltline Road, if I remember correctly.

I am glad to hear that they are still in business! As someone mentioned, it was a candy store for electronic hobbyists.

Wendy

Joined Mar 24, 2008
I am paralyzed and sheltering in place, Tanner's is not an option any longer, I used them to create my 1st resistor kit. a lot of what I've acquired over the years simply dissipated away. I might find them again, I might not.

Last edited:

Wolframore

Joined Jan 21, 2019
I just got a nice shipment from Tayda last week for our end of semester project, they are now packing in pink poly bags... it’s all THT and again no problems.

Wendy

Joined Mar 24, 2008
My order arrived Friday, I spent most Saturday sorting the component to my new Resistor Kit. I was quite impressed with these folks and told them so.

Wolframore

Joined Jan 21, 2019
Yeah I like them when I have one off projects mostly with thruhole. Nothing exotic but they have a decent supply of fun stuff.

Status
Not open for further replies.