why Tv pcboard is only replaced and not repaired in led tv

Status
Not open for further replies.

jraju

Joined Jul 23, 2017
Hi, Normally a minute item in the pcb would be the cause of a auto power off on tvs.
But , nowadays, the engineer just replace the board with a new board to fix this issue, even though a mere change of a component inside the pcb would fix it.
Seen one of the pcb, which is small in size in a led tv, like a graphics or usb card or a little larger
If a pcb is having a defect, is it need to be replaced.
Your views on this

AlbertHall

Joined Jun 4, 2014
Cost.
The skills needed to fix by replacing a board are much lower level than those which are needed to fault find to component level
It is cheaper to replace the board than pay the extra salary and extra time to discover the faulty part or parts.

Dodgydave

Joined Jun 22, 2012
Yep , been there before fixing TV's , surface mount components make it harder to repair , also for manufacturers it's cheaper to make the whole pcb ,so repair costs can be lowered and made quickly and safely.

abrsvc

Joined Jun 16, 2018
This is a trend in the electronics "repair" business for quite a while now. I am one of a few in my area that actually repair boards rather than just replace them. This is one reason why I get business as my repair costs are often less than other shops. I can repair a power supply board with a few $$ in parts rather than replacing the board for $50 -$75 for just the board. So even with the same labor rate, the total cost to the customer is less.

Status
Not open for further replies.