Why do I need an RGB amplifier

timmy881

Joined Feb 10, 2020
Some devices are required, some are installed in special cases or at all at will. Today we will look at such a detail as an RGB amplifier and try to find out whether it is necessary in Your particular case.

As you can see from the name of this module, it is used for an led strip that can change the color of the glow. Its main function is to strengthen something that may be weakened during connection and further use of the tape. What is it about? Why do I need an RGB amplifier?

Some devices are required, some are installed in special cases or at all at will. Today we will look at such a detail as an RGB amplifier and try to find out whether it is necessary in Your particular case.

As you can see from the name of this module, it is used for an led strip that can change the color of the glow. Its main function is to strengthen something that may be weakened during connection and further use of the tape. What is it about? Why do I need an RGB amplifier?
Depending on the length of the run you will get volt drop, on average 12v strip lights can run 5 metres before volt drop causes an issue one way to over come this is an run amplifier which will bring the power back to 12v another option is to run 1.5mm 4 core flex to supply power every 5 metres, just make sure your power supply can supply enough wattage, if your run is excessively long you can use 2.5mm flex 4 core instead that should work up to 30 metres anything after that I would use the amplifiers