Which University affored affordable single course for non-student ?

TarikElec

Joined Oct 17, 2019
I was looking for affordable course in electrical engineering that as overall and particularly in Analog, digital circuit and HF. I did find a very good one from Standford University but it is too expensive.
has anyone get into single course from his choice in University where the prices are not extremely high?
P.S: I am based in Europe, so I would need an online course like in coursera or edx, but they do not offer good course that rich in materials and practical that I I have seen in Stanford.

Last edited:

Papabravo

Joined Feb 24, 2006
I was looking for affordable course in electrical engineering that as overall and particularly in Analog, digital circuit and HF. I did find a very good one from Standford University but it is too expensive.
has anyone get into single course from his choice in University where the prices are not extremely high?
I don't know what your budget will tolerate, but I do not think you can find a reputable program that you would classify as inexpensive.
How about:
Milwaukee School of Engineering
They claim that with financial aid a year will cost $23,706

If you are a resident of a particular state, then in-state tuition will likely be a better deal than going anywhere else. This is great if you live in California or Texas.
You mention Standford, but I think you meant Stanford, which I agree would be an expensive proposition.

Papabravo

Joined Feb 24, 2006
The open courseware stuff is great if that is a style you are comfortable with, and the price is right! As I interpreted the TS request he was interested in in the in-person on-campus experience. Maybe I read more into his request that was actually there. Certainly there is a world of difference between zero and $20K per year. I'm not certain there is a program that will result in a degree that can be had for a much lower dollar amount. Even assuming the availability of financial aid. Joining the military is about the only way to get a free education I can think of at the moment.

Papabravo

Joined Feb 24, 2006
Huh? How is school someone attending classes in person and working toward a degree not a student?

Bob
He didn't say he was already in school. He is not a student at the present time. If he gets accepted into a program, then he will become a student at some point in the future.
AFAIK there are few if any universities that allow people to take a single undergraduate course. You usually have to be working on a degree of some kind. Maybe a graduate course with a visiting professor. Maybe summer short courses for working professionals. I don't think his original question was that precise. It would not be difficult for him to clarify his original question.

One more thing. It is beyond belief that a single course could teach analog, digital, and HF. That sounds like a degree program in Electrical Engineering for which there are few, if any viable shortcuts. Has anybody encountered a You-Tube Electrical Engineer working for a salary?

Last edited:

TarikElec

Joined Oct 17, 2019
I don't know what your budget will tolerate, but I do not think you can find a reputable program that you would classify as inexpensive.
How about:
Milwaukee School of Engineering
They claim that with financial aid a year will cost $23,706

If you are a resident of a particular state, then in-state tuition will likely be a better deal than going anywhere else. This is great if you live in California or Texas.
You mention Standford, but I think you meant Stanford, which I agree would be an expensive proposition.
I live in Europe and I guess it would be expensive. Yes, I agree with you all reputable programs are expensive and all the one I knew who studied in those University are just brilliants. I guess that Financial aid is meant to US Citizen obviously.Thank you for the suggestion

TarikElec

Joined Oct 17, 2019
The open courseware stuff is great if that is a style you are comfortable with, and the price is right! As I interpreted the TS request he was interested in in the in-person on-campus experience. Maybe I read more into his request that was actually there. Certainly there is a world of difference between zero and $20K per year. I'm not certain there is a program that will result in a degree that can be had for a much lower dollar amount. Even assuming the availability of financial aid. Joining the military is about the only way to get a free education I can think of at the moment.
Thank you for your time. I am not US citizen and an online course would be sufficient unless I get into Test. since I have already a degree, I wanted just to like focus on one field where I get really good materials

Papabravo

Joined Feb 24, 2006
I live in Europe and I guess it would be expensive. Yes, I agree with you all reputable programs are expensive and all the one I knew who studied in those University are just brilliants. I guess that Financial aid is meant to US Citizen obviously.Thank you for the suggestion
Many universities offer financial aid to students to attract a diverse class of attendees. The answer will always be no, if you fail to ask.

Sice1945

Joined Nov 23, 2021
Hello,

In holland we have the open university that offers a lot of courses:
http://www.openuniversity.edu/

I am studying Ethnography and have used https://studyhippo.com/essay-examples/ethnographic/ before to read and learn from essays on ethnographic. A little later, I started looking for free courses because I couldn't afford to buy them. In addition to this service, you can find others, but I was completely satisfied with it.
Bertus
Yes, also, there are many platforms on the Internet where free training is available. The same Yudemi gives you the opportunity to learn a new skill for free.