which opamp is this ?

Xufyan

Joined Aug 3, 2010
please look at the attachment , i am totally confused about this opamp, the negative of opamp is feedback and the input is applied to positive

is it non-inverting ???
is it a voltage follower ?? i guess this isn't a voltage follower.

i want to find out the output of that opamp, for this purpose i applied Voltage divider rule to the non-inverting side which gives V=10.2volts.

am i right ?

how to solve the circuit.

Attachments

hgmjr

Joined Jan 28, 2005
What you have there is a voltage-follower configured opamp. The gain of the opamp stage should be +1.

hgmjr

Xufyan

Joined Aug 3, 2010
multisim also shows output voltage equals to 10.2 volts :/

the gain is completely dependent on non-inverting input as the inverting side is voltage follower who gain is 1
is it so ??

Last edited:

hgmjr

Joined Jan 28, 2005
Millman's Theorem allows me to calculate that the output should be +10.2V.

\(V_{in}\ =\ \frac{\frac{15}{4700}}{\frac{1}{4700}\ +\ \frac{1}{10000}}\ =\ 10.2\ volts\)

hgmjr

praondevou

Joined Jul 9, 2011
how this is a voltage follower :/ what about the + input ?? :/ :confused:
Always remember one basic (simplified) rule: The opamp will try to adjust the voltage difference between it's inputs to ZERO.

So if you have 10.2 at the + input and the the opamps "wants" to have the same voltage at it's - input the only way to do this is by increasing it's output voltage to 10.2V too. (in this circuit of course)

Xufyan

Joined Aug 3, 2010
Always remember one basic (simplified) rule: The opamp will try to adjust the voltage difference between it's inputs to ZERO.

So if you have 10.2 at the + input and the the opamps "wants" to have the same voltage at it's - input the only way to do this is by increasing it's output voltage to 10.2V too. (in this circuit of course)
thats the point !!! :D thanks alot !!!! !!!

hgmjr

Joined Jan 28, 2005
Keep in mind that the output can only take on the value of 10.2V only if the power supply for the opamp is greater than 10.2 volts. The simulation software may not show it but the output of the 741 opamp cannot excursion very close to the power rails. In other words, a real 741 would probably need a positive power supply voltage of 15V to faithfully respond to 10.2 volts on its input.

hgmjr