Whether the voltage is actually a magnetic force?

Tor1990

Joined Jan 14, 2018
Hello my question is whether what we call voltage is actually a magnetic force ? .That pushes electrons through the electrical circiut my question arises from the fact that conductor passes through the magnetic field and if the circuit is closed we have the electron movement as some force pushes the electrons it should be a magnetic force and I think we called this force as voltage of course this is just a theory and I'm interested in your opinion

WBahn

Joined Mar 31, 2012
No. The voltage is related to the electric field, not the magnetic field.

But, if you want to jump into a properly relativistic framework, you can show that there is no such thing as a magnetic field and that, like the Coriolis force that we use to describe certain observations made within a non-inertial reference frame, the magnetic field is a pseudo field that can be dispensed with from within the framework of the moving charge. This is why static magnetic fields only interact with moving charges.

kubeek

Joined Sep 20, 2005
I think the theory of electricity and magnetism is pretty well established the last two hundred years or so. It might be a better idea to read up on it, instead of devising new theories and trying to invent the wheel.

AnalogKid

Joined Aug 1, 2013
An electron has both charge and spin, which gives it both an electric field and a magnetic field. An electron can be "pushed" (repelled) by either type of external field.

Gauss's Law relates an electric charge to an electric field.

Faraday's Law relates a magnetic field to an electric current.

Ampere's Law relates and electric current to a magnetic field.

ak

BR-549

Joined Sep 22, 2013
No, voltage is not a magnetic force.....voltage is an electrical field force. An electric field force pushes against you or pulls away from you.......it's push or pull, or push and pull.

A magnetic force is a turning force. It turns you left or it turns you right. Or it turns you left then right or turns you right then left.

The electric force will cause you to move your location. A magnetic force makes you turn, but you stay in the same location.

A charge can convert between these two forces. We can put an electric field on a charge and get back a magnetic field.........AND we can put magnetic field on a charge and get electric field back.

Tor1990

Joined Jan 14, 2018
I think the theory of electricity and magnetism is pretty well established the last two hundred years or so. It might be a better idea to read up on it, instead of devising new theories and trying to invent the wheel.
if you have magnetic force and you say that it is not a voltage and at the same time you have a voltage considered to be a force and to make it even more bizarre we say that mechanical energy is transformed into electrical with the help of magnetism

Tor1990

Joined Jan 14, 2018
No, voltage is not a magnetic force.....voltage is an electrical field force. An electric field force pushes against you or pulls away from you.......it's push or pull, or push and pull.

A magnetic force is a turning force. It turns you left or it turns you right. Or it turns you left then right or turns you right then left.

The electric force will cause you to move your location. A magnetic force makes you turn, but you stay in the same location.

A charge can convert between these two forces. We can put an electric field on a charge and get back a magnetic field.........AND we can put magnetic field on a charge and get electric field back.
if you have magnetic force and you say that it is not a voltage and at the same time you have a voltage considered to be a force and to make it even more bizarre we say that mechanical energy is transformed into electrical with the help of magnetism

BR-549

Joined Sep 22, 2013
The electric and magnetic field are the only mechanics in the cosmos. A gravity field is the asymmetrical product of the two. If you understand the electric and magnetic.....you understand everything natural and physical. Life is physical, but not natural.

Tor1990

Joined Jan 14, 2018
Tor1990.......do you have a compass and a magnet? Do you have some balloons and a cat?
how alternator works with help of magnetism or you won't say that magnetic force create another force "voltage" in this example you cannot separate those two

WBahn

Joined Mar 31, 2012
Have you ever tried to read and follow an introductory college physics text on electricity and magnetism starting with Coulomb's Law for the empirically observed force between two charged particles and building up all of electromagnetic theory from there? There's very little handwaving involved, so if you make the effort to do that, you will have a very good grounding upon which to make further inquiries into the nature of these things.

Tor1990

Joined Jan 14, 2018
Tor1990.......do you have a compass and a magnet? Do you have some balloons and a cat?
tray to remove electromagnet in alternator and see what hapens vola nathing because magnetism is necessary and nither yo nither i am cent sey what is going on and fact is when magnet rotate current flows

BR-549

Joined Sep 22, 2013
I truly believe you need to understand balloons and cat fur, before understanding alternators.

But, I'm old fashion.

nsaspook

Joined Aug 27, 2009

WBahn

Joined Mar 31, 2012
You need to understand why Einstein's development of the theory of relativity is related to your original question. Before relativity, the electric and magnetic fields were seen as two separate fields.
I'll never forget the day, late in the semester, when my Physics II prof walked in and told us that, after spending weeks working all kind of problems involving magnetic fields, that there's no such thing as a magnetic field and then proceeding to prove it (very much along the lines shown in the video).

BR-549

Joined Sep 22, 2013
Should a person inform the children not his own.....that a fairy tale that they believe.....isn't true?

Nay......truth only comes with self discovery.