When did things change here?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Again, people do not vouch for each other. It becomes obvious real fast what your true credentials are. And you are judged by your posts in the electronics forums, which is the true core of this site. If you do not participate there then you have missed the point of why we exist.
Bill...this is all too much.

Yes...this is called...All About Circuits. Yes...you have made it plain that this forums primary reason for existing is to talk about the name sake. And yes...there is ABSOLUTELY no doubt in my mind that people are JUDGING here.

I came here because Circuitry is not one of my strong points and I feel just joining a forum where a person already knows about the subjects being discussed does not allow one to learn anything.

Still...this forum had several sub-forums named...Physics, Math, Science...etc...where I felt I could contribute or at least make things interesting in that it would get people thinking...as I feel that is a good thing.

I came here with good intentions and although I can see that some of what I post tends to bring about a negative effect in some members...especially when I post about my very real reality...I felt that I was contributing in a positive manner and this would seem to be backed by the large numbers of veiws given to my created Topics.

An unfortunate association that led some members to think I was this gatsby person started issues and then these issues seemed to grow as a few friends of mine joined and I did not contact them nor did I ask them to join...they did so because they figured if I was a member perhaps this forum had merit.

I can honestly say...I AM EMBARRASSED. I am embarrassed that such issues exist. I am embarrassed that my friends were accused of being either me or gatsby. I am EMBARRASSED that I am typing this post right now.

You see...despite the members that have gone out of their way to make it clear that they do not either like or believe many of the things I state...because I am very fortunate in life and love...such things really do not bother me.

But when this venom spread to my friends...2 new and HONORABLE men who were ambushed once joining a forum where they expected to have some fun and contribute...well that is just too much.

Split Infinity

t06afre

Joined May 11, 2009
Split Infinity, you and your 2 new and HONORABLE men. Are only here for your own agenda. I have seen this many times on this site. Before the weekend has passed. Both you and your two friends will be gone. If you lot keep going on like this. If that is what you want, fine by me

Mikado

Joined Apr 14, 2013
Split Infinity, you and your 2 new and HONORABLE men. Are only here for your own agenda. I have seen this many times on this site. Before the weekend has passed. Both you and your two friends will be gone. If you lot keep going on like this. If that is what you want, fine by me
My agenda has been stated. I came here to talk with Split. I have a few things I wish to say to him...in private. However, I have to achieve 10 posts to do so in a PM. Eventually, I will but they will be posts pertinent to the topic and not just random tripe.

There are quite a few posts and I have been reading as my time permits. If the Mods wish to ban me, what can I do? Nothing.

I wish to make a comment in regard to "pseudoscience". It is a taboo subject here from what I have seen. But what is being discussed on this forum would have been just that 150 years ago. Look at Jules Verne.

I remember in the 60's when I received my first Heathkit. It was an experimenters kit that I had to construct. It not only contained passive components but it also had active components. When I compared those PNP and NPN transistors to the 12AX7 I had on my desk, I was in awe. Of course I was only 11 but in awe.

Try not to fall in the category of individuals who believe that all that can be invented and discovered has.

One of my favorite Presidents is quoted with the following:

"Far better it is to dare mighty things, to win glorious triumphs even though checkered by failure, than to rank with those poor spirits who neither enjoy nor suffer much because they live in the gray twilight that knows neither victory nor defeat."
Theodore Roosevelt

Mikado

DerStrom8

Joined Feb 20, 2011
My agenda has been stated. I came here to talk with Split. I have a few things I wish to say to him...in private. However, I have to achieve 10 posts to do so in a PM.
You can do that elsewhere. Do not waste our time here with meaningless ramblings just so that you can build up enough posts for PM. This site is not an email service.

Going like what exactly?

Do you mean my asking for all to cool down and realise I am just one person and not three or four?

Do you mean you want me to stop trying to extend Olive Branches in the hopes that members will realise I just want everyone to get along and enjoy themselves?

And for the life of me I have absolutely no idea what AGENDA you think I am trying push? What I really don't understand is this deep seated HATRED that you are showing me? Have I done you wrong in a past life?

I am just a guy with occasionally...some time on my hands because I don't have to work a 9 to 5 job...but when I am needed I go for weeks or months at a time.

I have nothing against you or anyone else here...I never have. And I absolutely HATE the fact I have to waste time defending myself from such statements as the statements are unfounded and illogical even if you have issues with who I have said I am or do.

What could I have possibly said or done to you that would make you post to me in such a vicious manner? I would really like to know?

Split Infinity

DerStrom8

Joined Feb 20, 2011
What could I have possibly said or done to you that would make you post to me in such a vicious manner? I would really like to know?
Where should I start?

• Been exceedingly rude to members here
  • Disrupted meaningful conversations with pseudoscience
  • Threatened members
  • Rudely insulted trustworthy members of this community
  • Attempted to demean others' experience and expertise
  • Constantly trying to make yourself seem better than everyone else (you are no more important than anyone else here. Get over it)
  • Made a variety of spam-like posts
  • Resurrected closed threads
  • Used the forum for personal communication rather than public assistance, as it was intended for

Need I continue? I can.

Mikado

Joined Apr 14, 2013
You can do that elsewhere. Do not waste our time here with meaningless ramblings just so that you can build up enough posts for PM. This site is not an email service.
You are something else. I have stated that I will not post "willy nilly", do you read?

Mikado

Mikado

Joined Apr 14, 2013
email and telephones have been invented.
Listen, please. I don't have his email, I don't have his phone number. I did not know this forum existed prior to Plad telling me.

It appears to be a good place to exchange knowledge, however, who is keeping up with posting little barbs?

I am not looking for an argument. If you wish to argue, you demean yourself and I am demeaning myself in rebutting.

Say what you wish, it is your sandbox.

Mikado

PS: I have been reading and #12, your responses are not befitting to your posts elsewhere. I do not wish to argue with you nor anyone.

Last edited:

paulktreg

Joined Jun 2, 2008
What's is going on in this thread?

Some people are far too touchy in my opinion and take things far too seriously!

If it's going to be an electronics forum then that's fair enough but a bit of banter here and there does no harm surely?

If it's purely electronics then get rid of everything that's unrelated?

Chill!

Mikado

Joined Apr 14, 2013
mikado,how does reactance work in a transformer.
First off, this is the off topic and I wish to state that if this is a set-up to discuss a technical topic in an off topic area then I suppose it is what it is.

I will keep my answer simple.

The reactance of the primary/secondary is not a measurable quantity in that reactance is a computed value based upon frequency. The reality of any opposition in the primary/secondary is impedance which is calculated from the resistance of the copper wire and the reactance of the primary/secondary.

The reactance, from my experience, is used in the term "leakage reactance" and refers to those lines of force that do not cut through both the primary and secondary. I have never found the term "reactance" used as the value of opposition when discussing the primary or the secondary of a transformer I have always referred to it as impedance. If one were to measure the current in the primary, as an example, and measure the voltage across the primary and then in doing the math, the resultant answer would be the impedance which again, is calculated from the measurements. Of course this "leakage reactance" is also lost energy in that it is I^2 R loss which result in nothing more than heat loss.

I kept it simple.

Best,

Mikado

Mikado

Joined Apr 14, 2013
Loosewire,

One more thing. Reactance doesn't exist, to my knowledge and experience, in the real world for there will always be resistance in the wire that the inductor is wound with. Reactance is a value that disregards the resistance of the wire.

Mikado

Wendy

Joined Mar 24, 2008
Use the PM (private mail) system. That is what it is for. What you are dong is rude. It is a standard feature on most forums. My suggestion is too swap email addresses there.

.I find myself in agreemenf with #12 assessment. You are being given a chance to learn proper ettiquetefor here. The fact you are still here while incuring such hostility says something in itself. I will state it again, this entire site is a no flame zone.

We have a purpose besides being a playground. The time I spend dealing with this is time I am not doing what I come here for.

That statement about reactance is pretty far off, as anyone with real world experiance already knows. True expertese will aljways show.

DerStrom8

Joined Feb 20, 2011
Loosewire,

One more thing. Reactance doesn't exist, to my knowledge and experience, in the real world for there will always be resistance in the wire that the inductor is wound with. Reactance is a value that disregards the resistance of the wire.

Mikado
Wrong. Impedance is the combination of the complex reactance and the real resistance of the device. Reactance is the reason inductors and capacitors work.

Status
Not open for further replies.