The more things change....

Reloadron

Joined Jan 15, 2015
Max, thanks for a good read. Over the years I witnessed many of those mistakes first hand and during my early years would have to enter a guilty plea to several of them. :)

Ron

MaxHeadRoom

Joined Jul 18, 2013
Mistake #6: Focusing only on machine operation and not on maintenance
One of the biggest errors I have come across when working in the CNC world were from those attending Machine auctions and were intent on the machine operation but neglected to obtain maintenance manuals and machine parameters after purchase.
One day the machine crashes and no parameters, the machine reverts back to a chunk of iron!
If the OEM/MTM is out of business, all hell breaks loose! :eek:
Max.

ArakelTheDragon

Joined Nov 18, 2016
Some of the times, the mistakes are do to stupidity, some of the time its on purpose.

You are right about the missing manuals and spare parts. Its better to buy the most needed spare parts and if the manufacturer does go out of bussiness (happens a lot) you will still be prepared. On top of that with the circuits you can build what ever brakes by yourself.

There are a lot of situations where the mistakes are caused on purpose. This is why I fight the "experts" on this forum and when I hear "Arduino" or if you prefer "Lego" I am against it. Doing something without understanding it, sooner or later leads to mistakes.