What you get for christmas ???

JoeJester

Joined Apr 26, 2005
I rarely play for money. I don't like playing for beer either. Don't get me wrong, when I was younger I would go into a bar (after my first isolated duty assignment) and put my 50 cents in the pool table once ... and played for beers ... it was nice spending 50 cents the whole evening. I've only returned to playing pool three years ago, after only playing on and off for 20 years. It's my first experience with league play.

I do play in tournaments, mostly 5 dollar ones and scotch doubles with my wife, and I don't get away with only spending 50 cents a night anymore ... LOL.

mcgyvr

Joined Oct 15, 2009
Just bought my first gift for myself..
100 snails..

50 Nassarius Snails
10 Cerith Snails
10 XLG Cerith Snails
10 Turbo Snails
10 Astrea Snails
10 Nerite Snails

Horray..

oh and I can't see loosewires posts cause he is om my ignore list obviously but I have a GoPro (Silver Edition) and its a great camera.. Worked perfect for my snorkel trip to Cozumel.. I'd easily recommend one for the cost..

tracecom

Joined Apr 16, 2010
As a teen, I learned a valuable lesson in the pool halls...expensive, but valuable.

To earn spending money, I cut grass with a non-self-propelled walk-behind mower. I had one yard that took me about three hours to mow, and I was paid fifteen bucks per mowing (yeah, it was in the early sixties, when gas was 25 cents a gallon.) I mowed it and the homeowner came out to pay me. He said he was going on vacation and wanted it mowed again while he was gone; he paid me for two mowings - the one I had just done and the one I was supposed to do while he was gone.

So, I went to the pool room, and lost the $30 in a matter of an hour to a guy that was either very lucky, or was so much better than me that I didn't realize it until the money was gone. After all, I almost won every game.

When I went back to mow the yard again, and was sweating in the sun, I thought about the money that I had long since gambled away. I quit being a mark shortly thereafter.

loosewire

Joined Apr 25, 2008
I don't why some people get a high horse to ride all year at Santa's expense.

I have my opinion ,got it from Santa too. Some people still go to off--topic,

I call it the cellar ,that some people have to take there high apart to get in

the cellar. If you don't understand this, ask Santa. This is not about food.

Metalmann

Joined Dec 8, 2012
I don't why some people get a high horse to ride all year at Santa's expense.

I have my opinion ,got it from Santa too. Some people still go to off--topic,

I call it the cellar ,that some people have to take there high apart to get in

the cellar. If you don't understand this, ask Santa. This is not about food.

Eh????:confused:

tcmtech

Joined Nov 4, 2013
That's intriguing. Is your wife and her father from Turkey? Are you from Turkey? How did you get a new 5y/o daughter? Did you adopt? Is it a stepchild you're just now meeting? Please, tell your story.
My wife and her family are from Turkey. Her and I came over here for a 5 week stay to get her daughter and all the bureaucratic paperwork BS done so that her daughter and Dad can come and live with us legally.

We met online about 5 years ago.

As her daughter goes her and I hit it off the first day however mom wants to raise a spoiled sheltered city girl whereas I grew up as a rural country type who believes that people should be useful and worth something when they grow up. ;)

(So far I am winning.) :D

tcmtech

Joined Nov 4, 2013
Wifes daughter and wifes dad.

Ol dads pretty cool though. He speaks about as many words in a day as my wife speaks in one breath. :D

He may not be old and wise but at least he keeps his mouth shut and doesn't disprove the theory that he might be. ;)

My wife however has removed all doubt about herself before she ever makes it to the bathroom in the morning. (I really don't need to know why you went. Odds are one of about three things are going to happen and if your return is lead by a flush I a good guess at two out of three.) :rolleyes:

Markd77

Joined Sep 7, 2009
I got a Raspberry Pi, and a wireless keyboard with trackball. Not sure what I'll use it for apart from browsing the internet on my TV, but I should find something fun to do with it.

Attachments

Joined Nov 30, 2010
I just got an HP Pavilion m9250f for Christmas.
As usual, The Geek Squad at Best Buy said it was unrepairable, so it got dumped at my house. After the right amount of fiddling around, I unplugged the bad video card and it defaulted to the mother board video.

It's alive! Mwahaha!