WHAT IS THIS?!?! PLEASE HELP

JohnDough

Joined Aug 5, 2015
Looks like it was a key fob of sorts, now less the buttons. Now it looks like a small circuit board with a blinking LED. You can put the batteries back in and short where the buttons made contact and see if the blinking changes.

Ron
I have no idea where any of the buttons (if there were buttons for this device) would have made contact. Could you please explain? I am a novice. Thanks a lot.

Joined Nov 30, 2010
Those wiggly copper places are button pads. The U1 black blob is an IC.
Shorting the wiggles together is the same as closing the switch.

JohnDough

Joined Aug 5, 2015
Question: When people have small circuit boards like this made, do they typically put numbers or letters on it to correlate to the device it is part of?? I'm wondering if this has anything to do with that rocket program that came up when I typed in the "STR-03A" in google.

ISB123

Joined May 21, 2014
Generally no since most of the times small boards like those are part of bigger main circuit and all the "codes" are on the schematics which show what is connected to what and what it does.

JohnDough

Joined Aug 5, 2015
Those wiggly copper places are button pads. The U1 black blob is an IC.
Shorting the wiggles together is the same as closing the switch.

Thanks for the explanation. I appreciate it. Does this type of circuit look familiar?

The two squiggly areas are only about 1mm apart from each other and the rectangular thing between them is what was blinking like a powerful red LED.

Joined Nov 30, 2010
Oh come on! April Fools Day was 4 months ago. "I found a broken part of something that would fit in a key fob and it blinks. Is this part of the International Space Station?"

Send it to the NSA. They seem to have time to investigate every person and every thing in the country. :rolleyes:

JohnDough

Joined Aug 5, 2015
Oh come on! April Fools Day was 4 months ago. "I found a broken part of something that would fit in a key fob and it blinks. Is this part of the International Space Station?"

Send it to the NSA. They seem to have time to investigate every person and every thing in the country. :rolleyes:
No kidding, right?! re: NSA investigating everyone and everything ,....I hearya