What is this Connectors Name ?

Discussion in 'General Electronics Chat' started by R!f@@, Oct 24, 2016.

  1. R!f@@

    Thread Starter AAC Fanatic!

    Apr 2, 2009
    These are used to plug in a PCB vertically to another PCB


    I like to know what they are called. Need to buy some.
  2. Dodgydave

    AAC Fanatic!

    Jun 22, 2012
    Pcb edge connectors..
  3. floomdoggle

    Senior Member

    Sep 1, 2008
  4. jpanhalt


    Jan 18, 2008
    Is it for a project or a repair?

    For a project, I use extended pin headers. The longest I have is more than 3 cm long. Even Tektronics used that approach in its scopes.

    For repair, the one on the right looks like a right angle connector for a board . It has two plastic mounting pins and it is probably meant to mount permanently to a board. There appears to be solder on the pins on the presumed male side and on pins to the board. That would be unusual for a connector that is intended to be disassembled.

    The three pieces do not appear to be the same. Pictures with better lighting and multiple views of each piece would help

  5. R!f@@

    Thread Starter AAC Fanatic!

    Apr 2, 2009
    As in George Bush ??

    It's for Projects.
    They are identical Connectors.
    The straight one is soldered onto the horizontal PCB and the bent one can be soldered onto the PCB that can be removed , may be smaller card type PCB's. It saves board space if I have more height available.
    By the way they are soldered permanently onto to the PCB. I removed those from a Hifi unit. I just like those types.
    The bent header types needs to be desoldered If I need to remove the PCB. With these I just need unplug it.
    floomdoggle likes this.